2013 Busa ABS Limited stands??

I've owned dirt bikes since I was 8 years old (30 years ago) and rode them between farms on the county roads as a kid all growing up. I bought a VFR800FI in 1999 and rode that until '06 upon which date I became bikeless the first time in my life until '09 when I got a dual sport bike (DR650SE), and bought a Hayabusa this year ('14 ABS Pearl Mira Red - since it reminded me so much of my beloved VFR paint color).

I've owned only crate stands for the dirt bikes, and had an ATV lift style stand when I owned my VFR (was pretty poor and it was a big expense for me) and have never owned a rear lift or a fork lift stand. I'm curious about what sixpack577 wrote, that even if he had a Bursig (frame lift) stand, that he wouldn't get rid of his forklift stand. Why is that? Is there a reason someone should have both?

I bought the Bursig this time around because it seems to do all things better than fork/rear lift stands alone/together can do; you can lift the bike by yourself, you can rotate/move the bike around and it will remain stable while it is on the stand, you can adjust the lift to raise either the front or rear more if required and it lifts both ends at once. I'm just hoping you're not telling me that if I plan to work on this bike by myself, that I'll eventually need to *also* buy a fork lift/rear stand someday??

Is your Suzuki stand like this one.
I have had these stands for years, and i believe that they are still made.
I have that one. It does not work.

IMG_0848 (Small).JPG

IMG_0849 (Small).JPG

IMG_0850 (Small).JPG

IMG_0852 (Small).JPG

IMG_0854 (Small).JPG

IMG_0855 (Small).JPG

IMG_0853 (Small).JPG

I've owned dirt bikes since I was 8 years old (30 years ago) and rode them between farms on the county roads as a kid all growing up. I bought a VFR800FI in 1999 and rode that until '06 upon which date I became bikeless the first time in my life until '09 when I got a dual sport bike (DR650SE), and bought a Hayabusa this year ('14 ABS Pearl Mira Red - since it reminded me so much of my beloved VFR paint color).

I've owned only crate stands for the dirt bikes, and had an ATV lift style stand when I owned my VFR (was pretty poor and it was a big expense for me) and have never owned a rear lift or a fork lift stand. I'm curious about what sixpack577 wrote, that even if he had a Bursig (frame lift) stand, that he wouldn't get rid of his forklift stand. Why is that? Is there a reason someone should have both?

I bought the Bursig this time around because it seems to do all things better than fork/rear lift stands alone/together can do; you can lift the bike by yourself, you can rotate/move the bike around and it will remain stable while it is on the stand, you can adjust the lift to raise either the front or rear more if required and it lifts both ends at once. I'm just hoping you're not telling me that if I plan to work on this bike by myself, that I'll eventually need to *also* buy a fork lift/rear stand someday??

I won't get rid off my forklift and rear stands because;
Even though the Bursig is great, you need to have the threaded pin mount on the bike. You also need to have another plate, and/or pin to use the Bursig on another bike. Not a big deal, but you have to set up the Bursig for one bike at a time.
You also cannot access the front sprocket while the bike is on the Bursig, or remove the engine.
For either of those, you Need the other stands. I also work on a lot of bikes.
The real benefits of the Bursig are quick wheel/tire changes, easy to work on front end, easy to move bike around, and super quick suspension sag adjustments.
I don't even have a bike at the moment(looking at gsxr1000s again), but I won't get rid of my Bursig stand, I'll use it on whatever I buy next. I have zero regrets on spending too much on it, and still think it's the best stand I ever used.

Back