Rattle Can, Plastidip=$$$ Saved, Beauty

Scooby315

Registered
Ok what got this started was me wanting a set of Driven limited edition grips with white collars to accent my new paint but I found out they were sold out and out of stock soooo I decided to get creative and make my own from an existing knock off set. I did have to order a new set of rubbers ($13) due to me not having red grips and a can of spray paint ($6) but this was still cheaper than the $52 I would have spent. In my opinion my work came out just as good and also have the satisfaction of saying I did that. And oh yeah I didn't stop at the grips once I got going.

20140504_163819.jpg

20140604_202519.jpg

drvmgripsle.jpg

Also decided to coat my fork cap covers and triple tree neck cover with plasti dip and and a coat of rattle can spray to give it some shine. These were originally chrome.

20140601_210236.jpg

20140520_230745.jpg

20140520_231232.jpg

Next I found a hoseless rear brake reservoir for $20 on ebay to clean up my tail a bit since I'm running a Greggs custom gsxr tail conversion. I then painted my rear assembly in a high temp chip resistant black gloss spray can paint. Pics dont show the quality. Total cost $26.75

20140530_192722.jpg

20140530_192709.jpg

Next will be my frame being plasti dipped in black. It's currently blue which i rattle canned to. Pics soon.

Scooby, Hooters in Rockville MD hosts a bike night on Thursday evenings. Come on down.

I plasti-dipped my the wheels on my wife's convertible beetle, then sprayed them a light green color. While the paint was wet, she put some really fine glitter dust into the paint. Both the paint and the base coat of plasti-dip have held up just fine. I don't think you will see any problems with this procedure, and good work.

Nice. I'm about to start getting into dipping also. Did you spray with dip then gloss for the shine and to be able to remove? I just ordered some white, gloss, and pearlizer. Not sure if it will be as glossy as normal paint or pearl but from the videos I've seen the gloss looks good. I was going to dip then rattle can clear but it looks hard to peel off. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Nice. I'm about to start getting into dipping also. Did you spray with dip then gloss for the shine and to be able to remove? I just ordered some white, gloss, and pearlizer. Not sure if it will be as glossy as normal paint or pearl but from the videos I've seen the gloss looks good. I was going to dip then rattle can clear but it looks hard to peel off. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Yeah I painted over the dip. I don't know how easy it will be to remove like that. I've seen videos saying it's no prob. The glossifier and pearlizer prob the better way to go tho.

I seen a video on dipyourcar.com saying it was hard to remove but they might have been trieng to promote there products, I'm sure you know how that goes. Do you get alot of product out of a can? It seems it would run out quick.

plastic dip is good i did my hump belly pan and front hugger u get like 50 sqft. per can check my post ...look who getting dipped for pic . p.s. not tring to thread jack

great ideai.. looks real cool..

just make sure you apply a clear coat on any parts u think you will have slight friction.. as this stuff will wear out and look fuzzy, hazy something like that,, also if using clear coat over white plasti dip, try and stick with the same clear from the manufacturer, i tried several on my white dipped parts and gota yellowing effect.. cool thing is u can peel it off and try again...:laugh:

just my experience..

:beerchug:

Back