Might be switching to the dark side

Oh man, I didn't know that! Somebody has got to tell my wife this rule doesn't exist. She has had me convinced for years that this rule is in place and that there is severe penalty for even thinking about breaking it.:rofl:

Maybe you ought to start a post (if one hasn't been started yet) about how many of you have more then one bike.

Then show it (the postings) to your wife and tell her that rule doesn't exist any more and probably never did.
Ask her how many pairs of shoes she has and say, new rule, I can have as many bikes as you do pairs of shoes....:rofl:

my buddy has a 09 zx14 i have a gen 2. heres my opinion between the two. busa parts are cheaper and easier to get. i like the way the busa handles everyday driving. the kawi is a great bike also. if longer rides are your thing then the kawi is better at that on comfort. but at the end of the day they are similar bikes and both are good choices.

As a owner of an 01 Busa and the 07 zx14 your gonna love the bike, the oil changes on the 14 are easy, no plastic to remove and no oil on the header. The 14 is a long range bike because I find it more comfortable, both bikes are powerful and will get the job done whenever you get ready!

I like the ZX-14 and of course the Hayabusa. I was close to getting a 14 but liked the ergos on the Busa a little better. As others have said, they are both amazing bikes so good luck! I do like that color combo as well!

I found they put out a lot of heat. I road one on a nice cool day (70s) and after about ten min I was sweating balls literately. I couldn't even imagine riding one during the summer when is 100+ out. A problem I don't seem to have w/ the busa.

If it wasn't for the heat I might have gotten one over my busa.

You're not the only one.... I just picked up this 2010 Zx14 with 12,000kms on it for $7000. The test ride sealed the deal for me... it's a really refined bike, very comfortable and plenty of oomph.

14157810246_7731cf2787_b.jpg

14209473313_91d1e558af_b.jpg

14206525062_694a144606_b.jpg

:beerchug:

i wouldnt buy an older 14 thats for sure. it would have to be the "busa killer" or nothing not that i would buy a cowasuckie anyway.

zx 14 pic.jpgZX14 engine parts 016.jpgI picked one up in December blown up. I got the engine all back in one piece by spring. Finally got it registered and put 300 miles on it and sold it. In my opinion its just not a busa. After looking on the Kawasaki fourms and reading about all the rod bearing failures and oiling issues I couldn't trust it any more. It was time to unload it while I was able to make some loot on it. It did feel a little more cozy in stock form compared to the busa. Helibars and lower pegs on the busa and that is cured. Seeing my old busa go back up for sale was the push I needed to list the 14 for sale so I could buy the busa back. Can I say it's not a nice bike, NO. It just was not for me. The pic of the engine parts is all I think or every time I see a 14. when I see a busa, I feel warm and fuzzy :laugh:

zx 14 pic.jpg

ZX14 engine parts 016.jpg

Not bad but if I'm getting a kawi I'm going for a 2013. plus kawi has proven their motor the way Zuk has and I believe that's why they keep changing it

Back