01 'My First "Busa". But NOT my 1st Liter bike!

james1300

Registered
Busa maintance, Drained and flushed cooling system. Flushed hydraulic Clutch. Stuff inside looked nasty. Lubed all pivot points. They where dry.
Ordered valve cover gaskets this morning. Nobody I called local or on-line stocks Busa stuff. (no surprise) S.S. front brake lines and brake pads ordered. Master cylinder bleeder banjo bolt ordered from SV Racing. I will be able to bleed the master cylinder at the master. Got a Clymer book for the bike.
Jims2001Busa_zps1385119d.jpg

jimmysBusa_zps06df7eef.jpg

Mastercylinderbleedvalve_zpsd6a536fc.jpg

Changed oil in the Busa today. Used a K&N 138 oil filter. The nut on the end of the filter really helps in the tight space between the case and header pipes. The crush washer on the drain plug was a Byotch to get off. Bled the rear brake caliper. It has (2) bleed nipples. EBC front brake pads and O.E.M. air filter arrived today. Installed the A/C. Waiting for brake lines and master cylinder bleeder.

Nice Busa! Looks very clean, glad you're going through it properly and catching up on the maintenance. How do those D&D exhausts sound? As loud as everyone says?

not really a "Liter Bike" but it does have over 1000cc's which is a liter. liter bikes are track-like racing bikes and the busa is a touring bike.... at least thats the way insurance companies see it so I'm goin with that....:laugh:

sweet bike tho. lov the color...

I havent had luck with Clymer manuals in my past (Although never had one for a Busa)... Suzuki Service Manuals are the way to go. Best Investment I have ever made. The two bikes I purchased NEW in my life, I required them to GIVE me a service manual before signing any paperwork. They aren't hard to get, or that expensive... But well worth every penny.

NICE LOOKING BIKE!! :welcome:

not to hijack..

but in quebec...(canada)

our governed transport system.. (regulates the price of vehicle registration)puts the busa in the same category as a super sport...(high risk)

dont ask me why.. i wont even tell ya what i pay a year for my plates.. you will laugh your head off..

read below..lol

Mopeds and Scooters, Motorcycles
Mopeds and scooters A B C D
Insurance contribution (including tax)
Charge
Vehicle registration fee
Total
* Two- or three-wheeled motorcycles.
Electric motorcycles are considered to be 125 cc motorcycles. Please read the compliance label in accordance with Canadian motor vehicle safety regulations to find out which type of vehicle you have. Your vehicle could be an electric moped or scooter.
Mopeds and scooters $279.36 $4.30 $12.90 $296.56

Motorcycles A B C D
125 cc or less $198.82 $4.30 $43.00 $246.12
126 cc to 400 cc $307.23 $4.30 $43.00 $354.53
401 cc and over (regular)* $515.38 $4.30 $43.00 $562.68
401 cc and over (high-risk) $1,079.78 $4.30 $43.00 $1,127.08

Nice bike, I would love to hear it! I also have a zx9r with a D&D exhaust I bet the ground trembles under that busa with em!

Banjo Bleeder show'ed up yesterday in the mail. I've bled the system of old yucky brake fluid. Then flushed the entire system with rubbing alcohol. To get all the brake fluid out of the system. Brake fluid will RUIN the bikes paint. Most will just swap the master cylinder banjo bolt (shorter) for the double (lower) banjo bolt (longer) seeing how this swap uses (2) lines instead of three. I'm installing a double brake line banjo with a bleed nipple on it. To make master cylinder bleeding EZer. The hard part will be getting the front fender off. I've read where I have to unbolt all the lines. Then the (6) fender bolts. Then I'm supposed the lift the fender, Squeeze it, twist it and, finally pull it out from between the forks. There is one bracket used to support the brake lines which is riveted to the fender. I'm going to cover it with tape and, the fork leg too. To help prevent scratching.

View attachment 1564261

Nice bike, I would love to hear it! I also have a zx9r with a D&D exhaust I bet the ground trembles under that busa with em!

It's not bad at all. I've had people tell me it sounds good. As long as I'm not HARD on it. To make sure I swapped bikes with Jami, a friend of mine and followed her for several miles. Sounded good, but not obnoxious.
jameBusa_zps30922bb5.jpg

Back