New to the ORG

TonezEnt

Registered
Hey guys, excited to be part of the forum and I'm looking forward to being an active member. I'm a 27 year old IT guy currently living in Phoenix, AZ and just picked up an '02 Busa, 64k miles but still running strong. Here is a short list of what she has.

Chrome extended swing arm
Chrome rims
Full HMF exhaust
Power Commander

Just recently replaced spark plugs, oil filter, and just waiting to figure out what clutch I need to get because the clutch is starting to go. (I think the last guy rode it way too hard)

I was looking at getting this kit from Outlaw Racing. Amazon.com: Outlaw Racing Kevlar Complete Clutch Kit Steel GSX 1300 Hayabusa 2002-2007: Automotive

I have read some good reviews but not many reviews on this forum. I will post more info once I get it installed later and let you know. They seem cheap for the price but I'm hoping they are good quality

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

A few more pics i forgot. It may not look like it but she really needs some body work. (Fairings, new gauge cluster) my goal is to get her pretty again after the guy who had her last practically abused her. Thanks for the warm welcome!

image (3).jpg

image (2).jpg

Oh that thing lQQks fast

It looks fast but its really slow right now till i get my clutch kit installed. Getting it tomorrow. Will post more about it once I get everything all done.

Welcome, glad to see you bought the fastest color (Black) dont listen to these others that don't understand the math between Black + Busa = Fastest....

thanks for the welcome! I am a little stuck. I'm trying to install my new clutch from the link i posted originally on this thread. All the clutch plates are similar except one. From what I understand I put the oddball "thinner" plate in first. Then I have two washers. One convex and one flat. Not sure how it goes in but I tried putting it in the same way the clutch was originally setup and the clutch doesn't appear to be working. Any thoughts?

Now it seems like I have a problem with the countershaft. It's poking out so far now that I cant get the pressure plate onto the shaft fully so I can put in the springs. Please help.

Back