Need help please motor exhaust/heads

busarider2013

Registered
Pulled out exhaust headers today going to put full system i found these 2 holes looks like there leaking oil what are these holes anyone can tel me please thank you

20140405_184636.jpg

20140405_184642.jpg

20140405_184646.jpg

20140405_184700.jpg

I am curious as well to what those holes are for.. of course Ive never looked the numerous times ive had the head off.

they are journals that lead into spark plug recession and there job is to release any fluid((oil,water)) they may get in there... in your case your valve cover may be leaking and running down the spark plug recession... so there doing there job...

So is this normal??do i change something is there something wrong what??someone that has more exp please chime in thank you...

So is this normal??do i change something is there something wrong what??someone that has more exp please chime in thank you...

Replace the VALVE COVER GASKET. The part of that gasket that "seals" the spark plug tunnels is allowing engine oil to get in there, and that is why you are seeing oil in those holes on the front of the cylinder head. Pull the coils out of the head, you will see oil in the tunnels. While you are at it, make sure you replace the exhaust gaskets also.:laugh:

they are journals that lead into spark plug recession and there job is to release any fluid((oil,water)) they may get in there... in your case your valve cover may be leaking and running down the spark plug recession... so there doing there job...

ok. im impressed. how the heck did you know that?

put some new exhaust gaskets on it,,put the pipe on and ride that ***** till the winter then do the valve cover gasket. Not that bad.

If those are what you see it doesn't look like your valve cover gasket is bad at all. If you have been in the heavy rain or washed motor down lately, it's just grime that has collected in the drains and just washed down oil and water don't mix. There are 4 orings in valve cover itself seperate from main gasket, that's what would cause the oil to leak by into spark plug drains. I would clean it up good and watch it when weather is dry. if it still shows oil replace the two that show wear. I keep them on hand if needed. Thx for pm and hope I helped.

Back