MC Mustang at MotoGP

I wish I had my helmet to sign... I will post up here to be sure - I am hoping to get lots of good stuff today and tomorrow!

What's the deal with Espargaro, Innone and Bautista leading at end of FP3? Have they handicapped the Factory bikes so much that they are now in trouble?

So, yesterday was awesome... so some pretty cool Qualifying action, did a pit walk and got pretty close to the scoots. Had a couple of brushes with Rossi, Lorenzo and Marquez, but too quick to grab a camera... and between the choice of talking to Rossi versus a pic? Well, the pic lost... that is a guy who just loves what he is doing... he is definitely a personality...
Got a couple of pics with Scott Redding, Stephan Bradl, Alavaro Bautista, Colin Edwards... Bradl and Bautista were in a huge hurry, Scott Redding was just hanging out, but the Tornado was actively engaging fans... he was absolutely awesome. Probably the coolest moment though, was as I was walking through the crowd - I had just seen Marquez limping into the control tower, he was hurting - so I didn't even ask for a pic or a signature... as I turned around, walking towards me was LORIS CAPIROSSI! no one was noticing him... so I walked over and said, Excuse me, Loris -" His face lit up and I asked him for a picture and an autograph which he happily gave! He was very cool - and thrilled to be noticed.

Pics soon!

20140322_220704.jpg

20140322_215928.jpg

Last edited:
So awesome Shawn!! I'm so glad you have such an amazing opportunity and you are loving every minute!! Can't wait for the pictures!

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Okay -
Friday was good, Saturday was awesome! I got to the track at 2:00; most of the teams hadn't arrived yet. There was hardly anyone there... So, One of the first people I meet is Silvano Galbusera... he is the Crew Chief that Rossi brought in to replace Jeremy Burgess... So I ask if he can sign some thing for me... he looks at me like I am joking and asks if I know who he is... I tell him I am a mechanic, of course I know who Rossi's crew chief is... He smiled a little, and signed my shirt and a Rossi hat. I take a quick picture with him and some jack wagon who photobombs my selfie:

20140323_150839.jpg

So, then, he turns around and points... I look who he is pointing at, and there is Vale, standing by his trailer, waving me over... I get over there, and he thanks me for talking to his team and throws his arm around me... I am carrying about 47 things, it happened so fast that I couldn't get situated. He signed the hat that Silvano signed and that one my friends is going under glass!
Vale and Me:

20140323_162636.jpg

So, Vale heads off with one of his bouncers - I mean crew guys... and immediately gets mobbed...

20140323_162722.jpg

20140323_162612.jpg

Last edited:
So, in the pic where Rossi is getting mobbed, you'll notice a guy wearing a shirt with all sorts of signatures on it... those are printed on the shirt, not signed... that is significant, but I will come back to it...

So, I turn around to walk away - and there is a guy walking towards me... and it hits me, it's Randy Mamola! So, I call out Randy! And just like Loris, he looks at me and smiles... I ask him, Sir, may I have your autograph - and he tells me that he is still to young to be a sir, his name is Randy... and I say, well, that IS how I got your attention isn't it? He started laughing and then signed my shirt - and took a pic... After a bit of walking around, Bradley Smith comes walking around the corner... yep another signature and pic...

20140323_153255.jpg

20140323_155721.jpg

Last edited:
By now, I am walking back down towards the Honda trailers, because I am hoping to catch Marquez... someone asked me to get a signature for them and if I could, I would... even if I don't care for him as a rider... anyway, as I am walking... I see Jorge Lorenzo playing hackey soccer with his guys behind his trailer... No chance of a signature, but it was cool to watch... anyway, I did finally run into him... or should I say, I run into the crowd that has him trapped... no photo with him, but I did get a signature on a hat for Dawn!

20140323_165608.jpg

20140323_160333.jpg

So, about this time, they are starting to fire up the Moto3 bikes, so we go to watch. I say we, because there are two guys from South Africa that I picked up with - and they were a riot! Anyway, I will post up the bikes and stuff in a few... this here is a bragging thread, so here goes...

20140323_154236.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

Back