My Busa Overhaul

I'm def gonna check the clearance before any heat is transferred. Its thinner than the other fan so that MIGHT help but I will be sure to make sure its good before I start it up

That fan might hit the header being that low

great thread I just found it today, seems like a lot of great knowledge and lessons learned where passed on. Can't wait to see it all done.

Me too usmc! So, I finished the pump change to the AEM 320lph and my camera died so I got 0 pics of the process. But, gixx sent my nitrous kit out today so I'll take pics of all that on Saturday.

Good info and I think people are anxious 2 see the finished product of all your trials n tribulations :beerchug:

Nitrous system came in Friday but I didn't have time to upload the pics of it. Here it is, and again, see Gixx1300R for your nitrous needs!

20140206_131333.jpg

20140302-001.jpg

20140302-002.jpg

20140302-003.jpg

20140302-004.jpg

20140302-005.jpg

20140302-006.jpg

20140302-007.jpg

20140302-008.jpg

when that nitrous shot scares your pants off, you already have my shipping addy, i'll even send you new pants, hahaha

Broke down and took my handlebars, triple clamp, rear sets, and tiger racing gauge holder to a buddy to get powder coated today. I'll post pics when I get them back. Otherwise, still waiting for the engine and swingarm............... I hate waiting.................

I did a couple things today. First, I modified the fuel rail to be able to accept my 850cc injectors which just meant I needed to splice in the new connectors, buy 2 inch M5 x .80 bolts, and then mod some 1" nylon spacers to 7/8". Once that was done, I used 1000 grit sandpaper to remove some paint residue that got inside the bottom section of the of the throttle bodies. THEN, I wired up the switches for the nitrous. The red one is the on/off and the black one is for the purge. Thank you to Pashnit for that, specifically Tim Meyhew! Then I wired up and half installed the fuel pressure sensor and if you'll notice, above that, is a bolt with a lot of wires onto it. That is a bolt that I have made as a ground for most everything. That way, I wouldn't need to wire them all directly to the battery. Just making it easier to have a common ground. I'm now very happy I did a deep trunk mod because, I needed it. Well, enjoy

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Back