track bike

vincebusa

Donating Member
Registered
Finally did it..Got me a track bike,what you think?

P1010354.JPG

Nice... but would'nt a liter bike be more suitable for the track
rock.gif
I mean you ride the Busa which pretty much moves like a rocket... and now on the 600, wont you feel it will be slow
rock.gif
I know... it handles better, and all the yeada... yeda.... yeda! But why not a liter bike bro
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif
I mean you ride the Busa which pretty much moves like a rocket... and now on the 600, wont you feel it will be slow
rock.gif
I know... it handles better, and all the yeada... yeda.... yeda! But why not a liter bike bro
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
I'm assuming the guy bought what he wanted , its a nice bike and very nimble.I think you made a good choice, good on you!

rock.gif

rock.gif

No offence intended NJ...
wink.gif

Its a nice bike, I dont dispute that at all. I was just curious!

No offence vincebusa, dint mean to sound rude! Nice bike....
cool.gif

I thought you were going to take the Busa to T Hill
rock.gif
Well.. its going to be my first time to the track so i
figured that 600 would be the best bike for me.
smile.gif

Are you going to the track this year?? I know that you use
your cbr for the track.Have you ever used your busa to
the track??

smile.gif

<!--EDIT|vincebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109778775 -->

smile.gif

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
ZX6R is not slow..very light(319lbs) and the riding position
is very comfi..Riding a different bike just make you appreciate
the busa even more..
smile.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Woot! Thats awesome! Looks real nice, plus I bet you can sell a bunch of good stuff off of it, to help transfer it into a track bike.

Oh and why a 600 for the track? Here is my theory. At the track the funnest part is being leaned over dragging your knee, and stuffing the brakes late into a turn... Passing in a curve, and all sorts of fun stuff. The straights, where a literbike really shines, are the least fun of the track experience. You can carry as much if not more corner speed on a 600, than you can on a liter bike. You also will save a FORTUNE on tires. A new liter bike will eat a rear in one trackday. I put 186 miles on at my last track day, and completely destroyed a pirelli super corsa rear. You should be able to get a couple to few trackdays out of a set on a 600.. depending on tires choice.

Woot!  Thats awesome!  Looks real nice, plus I bet you can sell a bunch of good stuff off of it, to help transfer it into a track bike.

Oh and why a 600 for the track?  Here is my theory.  At the track the funnest part is being leaned over dragging your knee, and stuffing the brakes late into a turn...  Passing in a curve, and all sorts of fun stuff.  The straights, where a literbike really shines, are the least fun of the track experience.  You can carry as much if not more corner speed on a 600, than you can on a liter bike.  You also will save a FORTUNE on tires.  A new liter bike will eat a rear in one trackday.  I put 186 miles on at my last track day, and completely destroyed a pirelli super corsa rear.  You should be able to get a couple to few trackdays out of a set on a 600.. depending on tires choice.
Thanks..

Any more tips comments to set my bike for track??

smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

I thought you were going to take the Busa to T Hill
rock.gif
Well.. its going to be my first time to the track so i
figured that 600 would be the best bike for me.
smile.gif

Are you going to the track this year?? I know that you use
your cbr for the track.Have you ever used your busa to
the track??

smile.gif
Yes I have taken the Busa to T Hill. The CBR has been to T Hill, Laguna, Reno/Fernley, and will be going to Buttonwillow this Sunday. Congrats on the 600, that looks to be in great shape and I'm sure you'll have alot of fun with that bike.

smile.gif

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
1000'S are great track bikes....but 600'S and 750'S make more than enough power. The Busa is great on the straights, but when it comes to the corners allmost all the 600-750-1000'S are going to out break and corner better than the Busa. In the AMA races at Laguna and Infenion last year the 600'S lap times were only about 1 second slower than the 1000'S

I would be willing to bet that a pro rider could turn a faster lap time on a 2005 GSXR600, R6, ZX6R, or CBR600RR.....than a 2005 Hayabusa.

rock.gif

rock.gif

Wish I had a multi-bike garage.......NICE!!!
thumbs-up.gif

Ok, guys I see the light now... as to why a 600 makes a good option
bowdown.gif

So vincebusa, when do we get to see the track day videos and pictures
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
...How I seriously wish there was a track in India
sad.gif

Nice bike Vince!

I'm starting to look for a 600 cc bike for the track also. I know a lot of liter bike track riders who are going to a 600. The more experinced riders say you learn better starting on a smaller bike, in fact many have gone to 250 cc two-strokes.

I'll be at T-Hill on the 24th to watch everyone.

Back