What percent of riders have been 150 mph

On a busa it is too easy to reach that speed. And because the ride is so comfortable for a sportbike its easy to not feel that speed. A few months back i was on the interstate and sped up to pass a car to my right so i could make an exit and just happend to look down at the spedometer before decel and it was at 142mph. i was pretty shocked to see that. I would say 35%-40% on a busa.

My friend said he did 220 on the bike he gave me. Speedsensor disconected so no limit. He tracked his speed on gps.

I have only done 139mph.
But I only had a 1/4 mile to get there.
I am hoping to break 140mph this or next weekend.

Too many, lol.... That is 198 mph , BTW.

IMG_1394_1_.jpg

BB

My friend said he did 220 on the bike he gave me. Speedsensor disconected so no limit. He tracked his speed on gps.

The 186mph/300kpm limit is programmed into the ecu. It must be turned off in Ecu Editor, Ecu Unleashed, or with a TRE or switch to trick the ecu into thinking it's still in 5th gear when it's in 6th.
A stock geared unrestricted gen1 is capable of 194mph and a gen2 is 197mph. That's what's possible, but doesn't mean that the bike can.
Rider and conditions play a big part. It also takes more power and a lot of road to go faster.
You need a 55 series rear tire or 2 less teeth than stock on the rear sprocket to even be able to pass 200mph...which is no easy task.
220mph would need a lot more power to achieve.
As said, tell your friend it's BS.
That stock gen1 will only do 186mph, and that's with everything perfect.

I've ridden with a couple guys that took off down the freeway one early sunday morning.

My ZX6R indicated 155 and they were pulling away (ZX9 and GSXR750)... granted it was indicated but at that speed I'm really not going to argue how accurate it was, I was moving pretty fast.

This was when I was younger and dumber and less wiser than I am these days.

Is think 20-25% of riders have hit 150 or better. I have marked 140 on my 01 600r, but i believe the Speedo is off so closer to 130 or 135. I've marked 150 on my 02 turbo busa, after letting off throttle and checking apeed. I believe sprockets are stock. Not sure if it was 150 or not but it had to be close. Definately felt out of my comfort zone, maybe with more seat time I won't be such a sissy about it lol. Still trieng to figure out how people do 250+ on these things

I was going really fast once - doing 55, and then I went crazy fast doing 60! That's all I can say officer... yes, you officer... why are you sneaking in and reading our imaginary stories?

My guess is that at least half of all Busa owners would have cracked the 150 mph mark at least once...the bike can get there so quickly after all.
My dad once told me, very quietly I must admit, that any motor vehicle will sooner or later be cranked right out...just out of curiosity. I'm not disagreeing with him :whistle:

Is the Hayabusa in stock (198 horse power) limited to 186mph on the speedo or GPS speed? Why are we speaking of having a TRE to make the bike "think" it's still on the 5th gear?

did a really nice pull on i95 late at night between bristol exit and langhorne (penndel) exit but yes the state trooper who pulled over my buddy in the chase (he ran out of gas lmao) said he clocked me at 180 mph i was laughing my ass off when he told me it really didnt feel tht fast at all.

I don't think I'll reach that mark in a while. Speeds like that aren't for new riders like myself. On January 10, 2014, I will complete my move to Germany and slowly gain my experience when the weather warms up. By the time the Fall season comes back around, I will have really found out what my stock 2012 has to offer.

all I can say is this...at 185?...the green stuff on the side of a two lane road (where my lane now looked like 1/2 a sidewalk) started strobing...as it was going by faster than my mind could process it...several years later?...this strobe effect started at 180...and the faster I would go?....the faster it strobed on by...and the narrower my 1/2 a sidewalk looked...there's a 28 mile stretch of road in this state that hasn't got so much as a cattle gate let alone a driveway or sidestreet...and when we made the left headed west?...it was on...WFO and tuck tight...for about 8 1/2 minutes worth of 28 miles...I miss those days...during the Oren Ishii Dynasty...(pronounced; "Die Nasty")

DYNOTOPSPEED.jpg

sellbusa1.jpg

sellbusa2.jpg

sellbusa3.jpg

which is part of why at 55 with diabetes?...I now own and ride this...

vulcan3.jpg

and I just lumber along...maybe even a touch slower than "flow of traffic"...enjoying the view in extreme comfort...rides like a cloud with a silver lining...Thanking God for looking out after me all those years.

But with 85ftlbs just off idle?...this thing rips 1st through 3rd! :laugh:

Now they call me...."Kraken"

kraken_rough_5_by_lozanox-d5kvs1x.jpg

L8R, Bill. :cool:

...this morning at 8:00AM on a short stretch of the 15 freeway in front of my house.:laugh: Never did get it out of 4th gear because of traffic,and that's 160 HONEST mph from the little telltale button on the SpeedoHealer which I set with a GPS and checked several times for accuracy(not "indicated" which is usually way off,mine was about 9% high before I did the SpeedoHealer a few weeks ago).

Xmas2013002_zpsa0d2cdc9.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hi all. Hope I don't ruffle any feathers here. But when situation allows I consistently do 150. The fastest I've been is 18X. Couldn't see my speedo.

all I can say is this...at 185?...the green stuff on the side of a two lane road (where my lane now looked like 1/2 a sidewalk) started strobing...as it was going by faster than my mind could process it...several years later?...this strobe effect started at 180...and the faster I would go?....the faster it strobed on by...and the narrower my 1/2 a sidewalk looked...there's a 28 mile stretch of road in this state that hasn't got so much as a cattle gate let alone a driveway or sidestreet...and when we made the left headed west?...it was on...WFO and tuck tight...for about 8 1/2 minutes worth of 28 miles...I miss those days...during the Oren Ishii Dynasty...(pronounced; "Die Nasty")

which is part of why at 55 with diabetes?...I now own and ride this...

and I just lumber along...maybe even a touch slower than "flow of traffic"...enjoying the view in extreme comfort...rides like a cloud with a silver lining...Thanking God for looking out after me all those years.

But with 85ftlbs just off idle?...this thing rips 1st through 3rd! :laugh:

Now they call me...."Kraken"

L8R, Bill. :cool:

28 mile stretch would be amazing. How did those 8 minutes feel?

ive maxed out the speedo and the bike(rev limiter 6th gear) , im on a 2012 with a -1 front sprocket, not sure of actual mph, ive heard it would be around 183?

Back