This weekend was better.

voodoolord

Registered
Couldn't find my bear but I got this beauty. He has the thickest antlers of any black tail Ive got so far, even has a few brow tines. I thought I was smart this time getting him on top of the mountain instead of at the bottom and having to drag him up but of course I had to lower him down several cliffs then row him upriver to camp. Im starting to understand the saying that the fun ends when you pull the trigger. He has a lot of meat on him, the biggest bodied buck Ive got yet. The liver was decent. Theres a cool pic of a face In my camp fire last night too.

20131005_132849_zps438f9d96.jpg

20131005_184737_zps15a66068.jpg

This was only half of the liver, huge.
20131005_211246_zpsbd1ea0cd.jpg

face in the fire.
20131005_223646_zps67523f38.jpg

Face looks like some kind of a demon in that pic. Nice size kill. Sounds like a lot of work to get him to camp. Makes me want to go hunting.

Nice rifle!

Yes it is. Noveske N4 in 6.8 SPC with a 12.5" stainless barrel and a Leupold VXR 2-7 scope. Im under 1/4" at 200 pretty consistently with my hand loads. Currently using 110 gr Barnes TSX with 29.5 gr of R10X at 2850 fps. Nice tight package with good stopping power.

Face looks like some kind of a demon in that pic. Nice size kill. Sounds like a lot of work to get him to camp. Makes me want to go hunting.

The face in the fire was pretty cool. I had to make sure I wasnt seeing things from fatigue and sure enough it was there. If you looked at it from a different angle it went away but from my camp chair it was the perfect angle. Neat.

Great job man. I went small game hunting for the first time Sunday morning. I didn't get anything but we saw a couple deer and my buddy got 2 squirrels.

Honestly not quite as good as my last one. It was good but not as good. Might have been my cooking over the camp fire though.

Have to update this. I sliced the rest of the liver tonight and properly soaked it in milk for 2 hours. I crumbled up some Texas toast, rolled the liver in it and fried it in butter and onions. Absolutely the best liver I have ever had and I recommend the recipe to anyone.

Back