My free hayabusa

So i have new pics coming but it deffinatly looks like the subfram where the seat is attached is bent not the swing arm the forks look really straight too. I priced a sub frame for about $50.

ummm that thing is in rough and i mean rough shape. The frame needs inspected swingarm obviously is garbage tank i bet the cluster stay and frame work is bent if not broken.....lot of money and work.

I have to disagre. Upon further inspection it seems like its just alot of superficial things. I did a total of possible cost and i havent even got close to $2000 and its a bike how much work can it be. Lol but i am 100% for sure gonna get it inspected. Also it was completely free so its worth it.

I've heard taking the tank off and pulling everything out of it sealing it and filling it with water put it in the freezer and it will pop the dents out! This is what I've heard as a method. Maybe some can confirm!

Thats sounds cool but i found a tank for a couple hundred imma just get a new one.

as u can see its the sub frame that is twisted and since it landed on its left side it pushed the exhaust mount. which at first glance makes it look like the wheel is torqed to the left. but its doesnt seem so.

20130905_144853.jpg

20130905_145036.jpg

20130905_145427.jpg

Just to give you heads up for next time, you can rent a uhaul trailer for 25-50 dollars. I have rebuilt a few busa's and its always worth it. Be careful of the after market fairing, but there are some good ones out there. You might ass well upgrade the break pads and SS lines now. Don't put all your money into the bike until you know for sure how to ride her. Good luck bro

i started it today it fired right up as soon as i gave the battery a jump rode it about 10ft and it cut off cause i was to scared to give it enough gas lol it wouldnt start back up cause the battery is no good. Im buying a new battery and ordering the rear sub frame tomorrow :thumbsup::cheerleader:

Ugghhh I'm getting impatient I wanna ride my bike once before winter hit

:banghead: Nothing worse than getting a new toy you can't play with is there? Hopefully you'll get your chance. Just be safe, once she's ready to go and in the garage you can take a spin any time the weather lets you.

WTF? I can't believe you put it in the back of your vehicle like that... :(

Go take an MSF class before you do anything else. If you have zero clue on riding a motorcycle, it's not going to end well the first time you try to just wing it around the block.

Go spend some money on a helmet, jacket, gloves, etc...some GOOD gear! Be safe and have fun... :beerchug:

just thought i would consolidate the stuff ive done to the bike and put all the latest pics up.

well these r the problems ive discovered upon inspectionon of my bike:

Rear sub frame needs replacing
front left mirror missing
cluster gauge is slightly cracked in upper corner. (not to worried bout that)
front master cylinder needs to be rebuilt/replaced
need new battery
need to replace clutch handle
speed sensor missing
need to replace fuel tank
need to replace the hump thing that replaces the rear seat
various missing bolts and clips for the farings all over the bike (not many though just a handfull maybe)

2013-09-30 13.26.07.jpg

2013-09-30 13.26.33.jpg

2013-09-30 14.26.29.jpg

2013-09-30 14.26.42.jpg

2013-09-30 14.43.29.jpg

2013-09-30 14.43.42.jpg

I would have just pulled the engine and put it in a race car. But this is good too.

I'm going to be following this thread, I want to see what you do with it.

Hey finally got my money so i bought a few parts for the bike. I bought the mirrors rear subframe master cylinder rebuild kit and a battery

Hope it goes down the street straight for you bro. Seeing how your swing arm was bent would lead me to thoroughly check the frame. Just some friendly advice. Good luck!

Back