**The OFFICIAL TEAM GIXXER smacktalk thread**

Well it finally happened, my first crash. VIR Full course, in the turn Charlie warned me about. All my fault. Those tires were coming at me too fast. From front to back; Aaron Ducati, Donnie HP4, Chris Duc 1098, Mike built ZX10R 185 HP+, Camera/Crash Bike S1000RR (me). Mike on the ZX10 is a great rider. You do not see a lot of lean cause he is an amputee: [URL="
Full Course Crash - 9-10-13 - YouTube[/URL]

I did not edit. Not much at the end but me funding the camera and walking around aimlessly. Bike is fine. Broken wrist. I will be selling Barber "I" Sep 28th & 29th if anyone is interested

Bummer about the lay down. You were hauling the mail on those straights!
Heal up Trey! Glad you are okay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang man, sorry about the get off. You'll have the winter to heal that wrist up good before next season. You should be able to sell those tickets easy. Lots of people looking for spot on the STT forums.

If it makes you feel any better, I had to stand there the whole session and wait on the crash truck...I lowsided on the first lap!

Sorry about your Off Trey, It looked like to could have made the turn, You had plenty of track left, it looks like you quit leaning. Heal up quick. Local guy I know someone ran in the back of him. I hear something like 12 Red flags on Monday. Had a few friends ride there Mon and Tues.

Sorry about your Off Trey, It looked like to could have made the turn, You had plenty of track left, it looks like you quit leaning. Heal up quick. Local guy I know someone ran in the back of him. I hear something like 12 Red flags on Monday. Had a few friends ride there Mon and Tues.

Yep, I am pretty sure I could have made it. Told my buddy next time I am going to keep leaning until I make it or low side. Learn from our mistakes. I tore my pucks up this weekend though, had a blast.

You won't believe how small our world is; your buddy that was got hit from behind, was hit by my buddies son. Always two sides to every story, but I will concede to keeping a safe distance.

Plenty of red flags, that is one fast track. Had a couple guys routinely hitting mid 170's. I was 160's on the GPS. Times on the full course were 2:19, and the north course 1:47. My friend borrowed the S1000RR before I crashed and ran a 2:16 his second lap. Came back and said "I gotta get me one of those". He was on the Ducati 1098

Yep, I am pretty sure I could have made it. Told my buddy next time I am going to keep leaning until I make it or low side.

LOOK... LEAN... AND BELIEVE..... Most of the time your bike can make the turn, you just have to let it....

Sorry about your off. Hope you heal up quick and get back on that horse! Good thing you have enough parts to build another s1000 :laugh:

You could still come hang out with the group at Barber....

Well it finally happened, my first crash. VIR Full course, in the turn Charlie warned me about. All my fault. Those tires were coming at me too fast. From front to back; Aaron Ducati, Donnie HP4, Chris Duc 1098, Mike built ZX10R 185 HP+, Camera/Crash Bike S1000RR (me). Mike on the ZX10 is a great rider. You do not see a lot of lean cause he is an amputee:
Full Course Crash - 9-10-13 - YouTube[/url]

I did not edit. Not much at the end but me funding the camera and walking around aimlessly. Bike is fine. Broken wrist. I will be selling Barber "I" Sep 28th & 29th if anyone is interested

Holy crap Batman! I sure am sorry to hear/see this! Since I had my own (successful, in my case) off-road road excursion this weekend (NOLA), there's not much I can say about that, except that while your bike is straight up and down and still on the track, brake like heck so you can make the turn-in. I think the pass on the other rider (don't think you expected him to check up) put you outside and late on the turn in, and I don't know how much of the corner you can actually see on the approach.

I sure am sorry to hear about your wrist, and your bike. I know those guys you are riding with, and some of them are faster than greased lightning and without fear. I'm glad they were with you to help you get your stuff together and home. Was your wife there? Who drove you home?

P.S. That's what I call a high-speed straight! I know what that other rider feels like after taking your bike out on a lap or two!! Don't do it if you don't want to HAVE to go buy one!!! Let me know if I can help any!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap Batman! I sure am sorry to hear/see this! Since I had my own (successful, in my case) off-road road excursion this weekend (NOLA), there's not much I can say about that, except that while your bike is straight up and down and still on the track, brake like heck so you can make the turn-in. I think the pass on the other rider (don't think you expected him to check up) put you outside and late on the turn in, and I don't know how much of the corner you can actually see on the approach.

I sure am sorry to hear about your wrist, and your bike. I know those guys you are riding with, and some of them are faster than greased lightning and without fear. I'm glad they were with you to help you get your stuff together and home. Was your wife there? Who drove you home?

P.S. That's what I call a high-speed straight! I know what that other rider feels like after taking your bike out on a lap or two!! Don't do it if you don't want to HAVE to go buy one!!! Let me know if I can help any!!!

The team was great, but I had the keys to my truck and wasn't going to ruin their day with driving me to the hospital. They gave me hell but I was OK to drive. They made sure to pick me up that night since they put me on pain killers to straighten my wrist back out.

You know it, a couple of those guys are fast. And yeah, Eddie was giving me heck, and he ran off too. Mike also ran off. Just have to learn and adjust

P.S. my wife called as i was driving myself to the hospital. My ears are still ringing.

Here is Mike @ on the ZX10 @ 140 going down the front, and Donnie on the HP4, not sure where this was. It was awesome watching from the balcony of our rooms and seeing Mike power wheelie down the straight.

Attachments

• mike.bmp
    664.3 KB · Views: 164
  • donnie 1.bmp
    698.5 KB · Views: 161
Dang, Trey... I'm sorry to hear about your crash. Take your time and let that wrist heal up right.

Uh oh....what the heck is causing THIS?

IMG_2109.jpg

Seems the tire is the only possible thing that can do that. Maybe it was touching when strapped down real tight on your trailer ???

Dunno, but thanks for the idea of finding out if it does under compression or not...

could be from your off track excursion...

Same, dunno.

Talked to Tuf (of course); he says he's never seen it before. The only real way to move the wheel back is to tighten the chain a little bit. He suggested putting some paint on it and watch it...bad news is I just put a 200/55 rear on the rim last night, and that tire is probably a few mm's larger than the 190/55 that was on it.

Dunno, but thanks for the idea of finding out if it does under compression or not...

Same, dunno.

Talked to Tuf (of course); he says he's never seen it before. The only real way to move the wheel back is to tighten the chain a little bit. He suggested putting some paint on it and watch it...bad news is I just put a 200/55 rear on the rim last night, and that tire is probably a few mm's larger than the 190/55 that was on it.

Might as well just toss it in the garbage and go buy a beemer :laugh:

And what the heck you need a 200/55 for ???

I am also prepping - in the way of stickers.... Keith, remember that stickers=HP and HP=seconds :laugh:

Custom stickers make more HP :thumbsup:

IMAG0066_zps9a121967.jpg

IMAG0063_zps3756f472.jpg

Back