Victory vs Harley

I have 95 Heritage classic custom with a Jims Stroker, the Busa of course and a kawasaki Z750 to throw around.
I've owned a few Harley bikes and never again. My 95 is for sale and that's it for Harley for me.
I ordered a fb6. For those of you who don't know what that is Google it. Looks like something darth Vader wishes he could ride. Very powerful lighter, and handles surprisingly well.
I'll post a pic when I get it.

Last year I got the Road King. I looked at all the bikes, I just could not do with all the plastic on the various touring bikes. My turbo busa is enough plastic in the garage, I liked the classic look of the Road King.

5F8E882B-64F5-4A80-99DF-2E70D4555FE5-715-000000A19BE26B7E_zps34c90858.jpg

Harley's here in Germany are quite popular. Not too many folks can afford them though, but they make up a good 60% of the bikes I have seen on the road. In Hamburg yesterday at Europa Passage and there was a Dyna and Sportster on display. They sure attracted a lot of attention, not something we even would have looked at back home.

LOL, I was on the Autobahn yesterday with a VW Passat Turbo Diesel, the best I could get was 190km/h (118 mph) and twice I went flying past Harleys, looked as if they were stuck in reverse.

Once off the Autobahn though, the speed restrictions here are pretty conservative and strict. Unfortunately a lot of road construction in summer on the Autobahn, only a few fun sections.

I have 95 Heritage classic custom with a Jims Stroker, the Busa of course and a kawasaki Z750 to throw around.
I've owned a few Harley bikes and never again. My 95 is for sale and that's it for Harley for me.
I ordered a fb6. For those of you who don't know what that is Google it. Looks like something darth Vader wishes he could ride. Very powerful lighter, and handles surprisingly well.
I'll post a pic when I get it.

I actually test rode a new F6B just yesterday. I had ridden a GoldWing before, but the F6B was more comfortable to me. The lower seat lets me sit further back from the bars so I don't feel like I'm right up against them. My wife also liked the seat better than the one on the GW. She said it gives her more front to back room. The salesman said they don't allow passengers on test rides unless you're a repeat customer or they know you personally. I told them that's fine, but we won't consider buying one until she gets to try it with me. I would be a repeat customer at the other dealership across town, so we'll see what they have to say.

My only complaint about the bike was that the throttle was a little sticky. Without knowing what I currently ride, the salesman said I just wasn't used to that much power and I need to work on being smooth with it. Ok... :rofl:

If/when the time comes, I'll probably just use them to get a good price at another dealership anyway. Whatever.

Back