$13k OTD fair for a new 2012?

The front and rear decals came off without any drama however the large side fairing decals are a b/÷@#! They wont peel off like the others breaking off instead. I will try heating them up a bit first today and see how it goes. Despite the negatives ive heard about the rear tire, no drama from them at all when pushed hard on the twisties. The track day next weekend will tell all.

The front and rear decals came off without any drama however the large side fairing decals are a b/÷@#! They wont peel off like the others breaking off instead. I will try heating them up a bit first today and see how it goes. Despite the negatives ive heard about the rear tire, no drama from them at all when pushed hard on the twisties. The track day next weekend will tell all.

A hair dryer is going to be your best friend on that job. Some people use a heat gun, but it's too easy to damage the paint if you aren't very careful with it.

Also, if you decide to remove the tank badges, try getting them warm and using something like dental floss or fishing line to get under them. If you just try to pry them up from one side, the other side will contact and likely scratch the tank before the whole thing comes off.

One more thing about my original comment. I missed that $13,000 was the OTD price. That's not too bad on a new one. :thumbsup:

hey man im coming up on the first maintnance can i take my bike to another shop that i trust that works on all makes or do i have to take the bike to the suzuki stealers so the warranty doesent get fup?? guess i should have thought about that before hand lol.

I have too many shop horror stories so I do my own maintenance. This is also the reason I now only own dependable low maintenance Japanese bikes that last forever. My previous stints with Ducatis, BMW's, KTM, etc have left me disappointed as well as my pocket book lighter. Same goes with cars as well. Euros have done a decent campaign painting Japanese bikes in a negative sense but in the long haul, there is none better.

Euros have done a decent campaign painting Japanese bikes in a negative sense but in the long haul, there is none better.

Interesting observation. Now in Germany and Kawasaki and Suzuki is at the bottom of the barrel, with Truimph/Ducati/BMW right at the top.

Interesting observation. Now in Germany and Kawasaki and Suzuki is at the bottom of the barrel, with Truimph/Ducati/BMW right at the top.

Closer to their places of manufacture maybe:dunno:

For me,I would rather maintain a Zook...set the valves (rarely needed) rather than constantly mess with the average Duc.
There are always exceptions to the rule thou...there are some honda models you need to mess with almost weekly it seems.:banghead:

RSD.

I currently own 12 Honda products ranging from 1970 to current. Many have been raced but none have ever needed anything but regular maintenance. Same goes for my Gixxers and short stint with a ZX10. I even forgo all recommended valve services but that's just me. Oil and filter with lots of riding. Like my tractors on the farm, I don't think they will ever break unless driven past their normal operating range, which is true for any bike. Will post video of upcoming track day

I think is why the US car/truck/motorcycle market has suffered so badly. Most north american attempts at front wheel drive cars,cars with alluminum blocks,rear engine cars,air-cooled bikes etc etc....:rofl:

If I were in the market for a compact or mid sized car...I UNFORTUNATELY wouldn't even bother looking past Honda,Toyota etc.

A Sunfire vs a Civic....:laugh:

A Neon vs a Camry...:rofl:

Dont even get me started on Electra-Glide/Street-Glide/RoadKing vs Goldwing. Up here,you couldn't sell yer "bagger" with 50,000 miles if yer life depended on it. Thats just "nicely broken-in" for a Gold wing. :thumbsup:

RSD.

I currently own 12 Honda products ranging from 1970 to current. Many have been raced but none have ever needed anything but regular maintenance. Same goes for my Gixxers and short stint with a ZX10. I even forgo all recommended valve services but that's just me. Oil and filter with lots of riding. Like my tractors on the farm, I don't think they will ever break unless driven past their normal operating range, which is true f

There is a reason honda sells more engines than anybody on the planet...they work. just some of their smaller cc dirt bikes seem questionable as of late.

I think it has something to do with the first letter in the vehicles ser.No.

M...assembled in mexico
B...assembled in Brazil
etc etc

RSD.

VP2_1456.jpg
Great u mention the Goldwing. It is the best overall bike I own!

I brought the 2013 Hayabusa Limit Edition for 12900 out the door....I took advantage of the zero finance suzuki was offering, this offer was better than my credit union was offering for new bikes...

I think you did fine. Glad you enjoyed the ride. They go for $14,995 here.

That is CRAZY!!! :banghead:

NEW 2012 SUZUKI HAYABUSA GSX-R1300R

MSRP $15,399 ON SALE FOR ONLY $13,999 +$695 FRT&PDI (may or may not include dealer prep,someone has to take it out of the crate and put the mirrors on right) plus I love paying for frieght.NOT. I didn't order the friggin thing,they did. LOL

The above price wont include the "Documentation Fee" ya...they charge you to fill out the paper work,I've heard as high as 395 dollars at some dealerships.Thats some mighty expensive ink and paper and some jerks half hour.

Above price won't include "tire levy". Gub'ment charges a fee to throw away your tires,before there even worn out. :laugh:

Above price doesn't include "battery levy" .Gub'ment want money to throw out yer brand new battery.:thumbsup:
RSD.

RSD, those are only the crooked dealers charging for that. If you look on the invoice, ALL of those fees are included in the MSRP price from Suzuki (which includes the dealer selling it below MSRP and down to invoice price). ;)

Here she is devoid of any vinyl.
IMG_4676.jpg

Looks GREAT, hope you enjoy it! :beerchug:

agreed 100% i have an 1800 vtx cruser now and have always had a civic or two in my family some of wich had 200k plus on the clock running well and have seen with over 300 k still going now thats getting serious value. no serious problems with any of mine with over 25 years of owning hondas I would have went with a used blackbird if the busa wasent so damn comfy and fast with the reputation of quality to boot, glad i did too. next bike will be a gold wing when i can pony up the cash. last year i test drove a new road king from harleys test days the power in this bike is in need of a serious overhaul was very sluggish my vtx would stomp a mudhole in it nice looking and solid feeling for the short run but diddnt seem like the quality to me besides all the chrome was worth the bread along with all the horror storys true or false about harley just my opinion but you never here of a dissatisfied wing owner hmm why is that i guess cuz there arent any.

Back