Another Saturday Ride

Relsek

Registered
We left the house about 10:30 this a.m. Our first stop was at the Fort Lonsome Grocery Store. It is miles from nowhere and the only building in sight.

tn_100_0828.JPG

There was nothing but open road for the next 30 miles or so, so I let him ride the busa for the first time and I rode the old gs1100. We stopped at an old train museum in the town of Parrish.

tn_100_0829.JPG

We then rode across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge into St. Petersburg. Brian commented, "so, this is where people go to kill themselves"

This bridge seems to be the suicide location of choice around these parts.

tn_100_0835.JPG

We picked up my daughter at her Mom's and rode over to a bowling alley up the beach for a few games but were held up by this draw bridge.

tn_100_0839.JPG

How did he like your busa? And are you getting it back anytime soon?
laugh.gif

Looks like you guys had a nice ride today.....I'm totally jealous
mad.gif

After bowling, we went next door to the Pizza Hut and had some Pizza buffet. This photo is through the Pizza Hut window looking at the Bowling Alley.

tn_100_0842.JPG

Sorry I jumped in there while you were still post your pics....how did you like riding the GS? Somewhat of a different ride..was that your bike before the busa?

Sorry I jumped in there while you were still post your pics....how did you like riding the GS? Somewhat of a different ride..was that your bike before the busa?
Yeah, it's my old bike, he inherited it when I got the Busa. That old GS is nothing to sneeze at, it moves along real well, not like a busa, but much better than any cruiser I know of.

Looks like you guys had a good day
biggrin.gif
I had a '83 GS1100E and those bikes were the fastest ones back then and still alot of fun today.

Sounds good Kevin. I met up with B-Sting,Tspoole,GypsyJoker,Tkm, and this other guy Bill. We rode to Brooksville then Inverness then on to the Ozello trail. I think it was my fastest day yet! What an awesome ride! No pics this time. Lets see your pics of the strip clubs I know you guys hit. I thought Brian was taking the ninja today?

I know right where the Fort Lonesome Grocery store is. Perfect name. I need to ride out that way with you soon. You could just blow off that dumb church thing tomorrow and go. Just playin' dude.
tounge.gif

Where's the snow?
rock.gif
Oh yeah, people in Floride don't get the white crap outta the sky. Must be rough! Great pics! I am very jealous that you can ride and I can't. Would have loved to see the sons face when he climbed on the Busa.

Nice pictures Kevin. My first bike twenty years ago was a Suzuki GS 550L, It was great, seemed very powerful to me then with it's 34hp
smile.gif
. A typical UJM. I would buy one if I could find a nice one

There's am interesting website dedicated to the GS's http://www.thegsresources.com/index.htm

<!--EDIT|drlucian
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108859987 -->

Back