Icon overlord prime leather pants

Schism

Donating Member
Registered
Need opinions, please. I just got these in the mail yesterday and feeling a bit insecure about rocking these for street only. The fit and finish are remarkable and I am confident it would hold up pretty good in a spill. My draggin' jeans are starting to deteriorate so I need a replacement. So, dump 'em or keep 'em?Thanks!

image.jpg

If they make you stand sideways I'd get rid of them :laugh: ! spend the cash and get some leathers or stick with the jeans. Seriously though , I'm sure they are safe but No I don't like the .just my 2 cents

Sorry for the horizontal shot. Not sure what that's about. I am strongly leaning towards dumping these but like I said, just looking for other opinions before I run down to the post office in the morning. Thanks for the replies.

I crashed once in Joe Rocket Textile jacket/pants at 80 kts, no rash at all and the textile held up well. I'm still wearing the jacket for winter rides. I tumbled for the most part.

I also watched my friend GregBob crash on his busa at the track (Actually got it on video) in 2007 wearing Joe Rocket textile jacket/pants when his rear Pilot Power 2ct exploded at 140 mph and he survived without a scratch. Shredded the textile but he came out smelling like a rose.

From what I have seen textile works pretty dang good for one crash. Nothing seems to hold up like leather but textile seems to do a pretty good job as well. One difference in textile and leather is the textile is less abrasive than leather and does not grip the asphalt like leather does. The result is you'll slide farther in textile than you will in leather.

^interesting read and i didn't realize the textile was that durable. i just assumed textile was another marketing gear gimmick they push like most of the crap out there that claims to be "protective" in a spill. i may lean that way at this point instead of reverting back to a new set of "draggin jeans".

there long because i forgot that i had the zipper completely undone which flared them out when putting my boots on. these pants were my original choice(joe rocket pro street) but the bride's feedback wasn't good. anyone own these with some real world shots?

36110500110.jpg

If they make you stand sideways I'd get rid of them :laugh: ! spend the cash and get some leathers or stick with the jeans. Seriously though , I'm sure they are safe but No I don't like the .just my 2 cents

The Icon Prime Overlord pants are leather...

I have the Joe Rocket Pro Street pants and I like them a lot but I only wear mine at the track. The square you see is my cell phone in the left pant leg pocket

stanton1_zps0db1fda7.jpg

I decided to ship them back and stick with my draggin' jeans. I did order a set of those A-stars armor shorts for extra protection. Don't think leather will be very comfortable when the heat kicks in around here.

Back