What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

image-2818487894.jpg

Cleaned her up, the rain has been makin her dirty.

image-2818487894.jpg

I learned some things today with the help from a forum member.

I Got a Zero Gravity Double Bubble wind screen installed, new spark plugs, new air filter, added a push pin that was missing, replaced 2 fake fairing screws with real ones, Had my fairings removed, cleaned, polished and re-installed..

I rode the busa up an icy driveway(nice!)

Busa completely cleaned & ready for the season :goodidea:

How do they feel over the stock pegs without the rubber? What year pegs? Looks nice.

They feel lighter (which they are) than the stock pegs.... I know that's a strange description, but you know you don't have those heavy blocks under your feet when you are riding. I didn't notice any increase in vibration transmitted through the pegs. I don't know what year they are. I bought the mod from GSX1300R-T, a member here on the forum. He makes them ready to install. I'm sure if you PM him, he'll tell you what year pegs he uses.

I completed the 16bit to 32bit ECU/Rotor upgrade on my 2000 busa. It was pretty simple...a lot easier than I thought it would be. Total time was probably about 1 1/2 hours. :thumbsup:

I don't know if I like it or not or if its something that's just going to take time to grow onto me but I put some rim tape on the wheels....how do they look, in your opinion? ??? I thought they were pretty cool with the hayabusa/kanji logo on them...each wheel has the logo imprinted twice so it's not annoyingly overprinted like some other tapes I've seen.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I put a Michelin Pilot Power 190/55/17 on today... I love it. Tips in great on turns, now I just need a day in the canyons. The super soft compound temps me...

Ready to put it all back together! Winter Mods are done! :cheerleader:

Winter Mods completed are: new Headlight Modulator, twin PIAA horns, T-Rex non-cut Sliders, LED light strips inside the Intakes, and LED Fog Lamps hidden inside the intakes. And the headlight shipped off to SportBikeLites.com to have all new Dual LED Rings installed inside the headlight.

8518281048_928e7be05f_b.jpg

No pictures yet, but I dropped off my rolling chassis to my buddy's house so he can start fabbing parts to install my 2012 ZX-14 wheels

I had billet mirror extenders on my busa. Swapped them out with SV650s mirrors. Those mirrors are longer than the stock busa mirrors with extenders and, IMO, look a lot better.

Bought 4 quarts and a filter for her. 500 miles to next change. Rear tire and front brake pads sitting in the garage.

Got these but chrome not our thing so busted out sandblaster and painted satin black
Before
884517_490280067700001_251847940_o.jpg

And after
883594_490280587699949_1474327025_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back