This Girl is on Fire.

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I've been through a lot of so-called sophisticated equipment over the years but never has a motorcycle rang my bells like this Superbyke thing. As I reassemble it, each piece has a story, then for the first time, that piece interfaces with other pieces on the motorcycle, where it will live. I got a few hours into her this morning, front end together and way in to the swingarm/shock assembly.
This final rendition will be 15+ pounds lighter (452 lbs) and about 20 more hp. And really black, and Race Tech suspenders, tires, blah, blah.....I got to go for a long bicycle ride so before I closed shop today, I took the below pics of progress, pics suck, they don't represent it's dramatic appearance at all but I think the final pics will.

Just an update, more soon.....Doyle

IMG_0005 (7).jpg

IMG_0007 (6).jpg

IMG_0006 (6).jpg

IMG_0008 (6).jpg

IMG_0009 (6).jpg

IMG_0010 (6).jpg

I've been through a lot of so-called sophisticated equipment over the years but never has a motorcycle rang my bells like this Superbyke thing. As I reassemble it, each piece has a story, then for the first time, that piece interfaces with other pieces on the motorcycle, where it will live. I got a few hours into her this morning, front end together and way in to the swingarm/shock assembly.
This final rendition will be 15+ pounds lighter (452 lbs) and about 20 more hp. And really black, and Race Tech suspenders, tires, blah, blah.....I got to go for a long bicycle ride so before I closed shop today, I took the below pics of progress, pics suck, they don't represent it's dramatic appearance at all but I think the final pics will.

Just an update, more soon.....Doyle

She is looking great my friend; just out of curiosity, what is your plan for the rear brake system? Any thoughts of going to a thumb brake with a brembo master?

The hardware is looking S.W.E.E.T Doyle. I'm anxious to see the finished product in action! :cheerleader:

Are you planning on updating the software as well?

Shawn and Steven....thanks. Re: master, I already installed an Accossato front radial m/cyl. And good question regarding software. I don't have a lot of answers right now but my racer/tuner friend was just trained at going WAY deeper into the electronics than PC V abilities. It's expensive to reprogram but in terms of hp per dollar spent, a great deal. I'll know more later and will post something meaningful about that subject soon.
And Shawn, my riding style requires me to minimize the sensitivity of the rear brake, I literally like to be able to mash it without locking the rear wheel so the stock rear m/cyl is just fine (when mated to s/s line, Braking Rotor, track level pads and "just like new" OEM caliper). Doyle

hooolly dooolly! (that 's an Australian expression indicating surprise and anticipation) :beerchug:

What kind of diet plan can make this big girl loose 15+ lbs!!! My bike is in pieces now I would love to know what to leave off.......15 lbs that is like leaving off the wheels!!

What kind of diet plan can make this big girl loose 15+ lbs!!! My bike is in pieces now I would love to know what to leave off.......15 lbs that is like leaving off the wheels!!

This Gen I (2005 LTD) when all stock, weighed in at 556 pounds. You have to realize that the real loss was from that to 465 pounds (91 pounds). The list of removed items, replacement items, shaved off chunks, etc., would be too long to list here, sufficient to say the main items were...exhaust, wheels, rotors, bodywork and bracketry. The "new" 15 pound weight loss is achieved by 1)going to an aluminum subframe, mounting tab removal from mainframe, switching to lith/ion battery....that is an estimate before the scale but safe to say at least 13 pounds, therefore about 452 pounds. It's not a situation where you can just "leave stuff off" to get lighter, this process has taken 3 years. There are many items you could switch out to achieve a lighter weight though, like exhaust, rear grab handles, items that you are really clear that would be useless to your style of riding (for example, the Superbyke will never see a passenger so all passenger accomodations will be removed, including the rear peg assemblies). I hope that addresses your question. Doyle

Back