240 kit installation

cer0413

Registered
Hey gang-

I plan on purchasing a 240 kit, brand new, from a guy with a ZX-14. The issue is, the guy bought it for a ZX-14 and I have a 2002 Hayabusa. He told the only thing I would Have to change out is the bearings on the swingarm. Will this work??? :banghead: :type:

Kit comes with the following:

FTD Customs Matrix wheel front and back/Wheel is powder coated black with contrast cut
Swingarm is powder coated black/Swingarm has covert/stealth underbracing and built in brake line/6"-8" stretch
brand new Shinko 005 advanced radial 240 tire

12-EAC76543-573329-960.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2_2.jpg

I'd find out who built the arm and ask them. You'll need an offset front sprocket to clear the new wider wheel, if it comes with one, it may or may not fit your Busa. I'd check that the holes for the swingarm links are in the right spot, I recall a stock 14 having very long links stock, I'm not sure how that would translate to the new,,built for a 14 arm, being put on a Busa. 14 links also have a bend in them where as the Busa links are straight, another possible issue with mounting points. If it comes with a matching front wheel,,that could be another possible issue, both spacing and rotors mounting up.
If you can't talk to the builder of the arm, I'd pass on the buy. I'm guessing its at least $3k, if not more, quite the gamble.

Edit- I just saw you said it did come with a front wheel, definitely look into that, I'm rather sure Busa rotors and 14 rotors aren't interchangeable.

hey man and thanks for your reply. he wants 2500

Happy to help, you definitely need a lot more info from the builder, or call up raiding toyz or all things chrome and ask them if their 240 kits are interchangeable between the 2 bikes. If their kits will swap, its likely this one would too, but it still leaves front wheel problems. Best of luck and post up again if you can get some more info to work with. :thumbsup:

For 2500 you may want to just buy a new kit built for the busa. It seems like a lot of extra parts, time and fittings to hopefully make this thing work.

I have a similar situation. I have a Trac Dynamics swingarm that I received from a friend of mine who was going to use it on his 05 Busa. He lost all the parts. Axle, adjusters, bearings, spacers, etc. I wanted to see if I can get these parts and put the unit on my 03 anniversary edition. I had picked up a set of PM Judge wheels for a Busa of my year, then was able to get a matching 240 rear wheel with the correct hub and rotors. Does anyone know where I can get the missing pieces?

Back