What's Your Secret Hobby?

learning to work on motorcycles, although like raydog now it's not a secret

other than that being a geek! :thumbsup:

Hrmmmm, secret hobbies...I think I've aired nearly every "hobby" I have here on the oRg, so they've never been secret at all :whistle:

I love and coddle my GT Mustang and have for 16 years...she IS a hobby! I also seem to know a whole lot of completely useless information about songs, bands, etc...I drive Omar nuts by singing nearly any song that comes on the radio, telling him who was in what band, when... :rofl: Hobby, annoyance, what's the difference?! :whistle:

Oh, and I have had an aquarium for many years...reef tank, African Cichlids...

My secret hobby is time travel.... The closer I can get the busa to traveling at the speed of light, the more realistic my hobby becomes! :laugh:

timetunnel.jpg

Is this lil fella a hobby? I can't really practice him and the rat I got to teach him and his 3 brothers how to fight hasn't worked out. :whistle:

ForumRunner_20130211_100641.png

ForumRunner_20130211_100709.png

ForumRunner_20130211_100641.png

ForumRunner_20130211_100709.png

I've always been a fan of audio stuff and got into surround sound a couple of years ago. I have Rotel receiver and CD player, B&W 700 series speakers, BBE Sonic Maximizer, and other stuff. SVS subwoofer (see below) is the best upgrade I've ever done. This thing will shake the walls and everything. You can get a full body massage from it from 10' away.:laugh::thumbsup:

In case you're wondering, it's 39" tall and 15" in diameter.:thumbsup:

image.jpg

I go through phases.... Whatever I need to get done I take on as a project... I was on a gun kick for about a year as I started to see prices and availability having problems. I am now working on a project to put backup batteries on my electrical system at home to power during outages and to add a wind turbine and solar to the house... I have most of the wiring in the house done now and will be installing all the rest in the weeks to come... If things work correctly I will be selling power back to the electric company....

CAp

Wow! never seen anyone leave out the back of one of those. How high and fast?

That was about 12K; you'll notice the flaps are out to slow down; exit speed was about 180-200 knots...DB Cooper did it in the middle of the night over the mountains and with gear now considered obsolete..whether he acutally survived or not is still up for debate...

I am a serial hobbiest, let me see, beekeeping, gardening, woodworking, maple syrup making, landscaping, reloading, now bullet making, arrowhead hunting, pets like 2 snakes, 1 tortise, 1 tarantula, dogs & cats & currently ducks, dirt bikes now four wheeling, oh & I left off the hunting & fishing.... shot 3D archery for a while, anything diy, mechanical or masonary or tile or wood, electrical or plumbing. "Tool collector"...:laugh:

I can my tomatos and learned to "dry" tomato paste in a pan to thicken it, grow oregeno & basil,make good meatballs, and cook on low heat.... Puhlllease let me know some more serects here :laugh:

Back