How Important Is Your Bike To You?

mikey28804

Registered
Well lets Get to how I started to wonder. I work a second job. ONLY to pay for my bike and related parts/gear. I make ok money running a trucking company but the wife said she did not want me having a bike and wanted nothing to do with it....no matter how much I wanted it. She is not as mean as she sounds guys, when we met I had a huge amount of stupid debt. We paid everything off except my IRS debt, I pay a 205 a month payment to them. She said I could get a bike when I finished paying that.

When we decided to attack my debt, I had a gsxr 750 that I sold and paid off some debt. I paid debt and spent little on extras for 5 years, for those of you with the same obsession with bikes, 5 years is an eternity without a bike. What made it even harder is most of my buddies who havent had bikes in years all bought new ones.

Long story short, When I work my second job twice a week, I have no regrets, It is 100% worth it to me. My question is if you had to work a second job for you bike and ONLY the bike, would you? ???

I work 60+ hours a week..... I'm fortunate enough to not have any sizeable debt so I'm able to purchase upgrades and do mods on my busa. If that wasn't enough then I would have to indulge in another hobby that wouldn't put me and my lifestyle in dire straights. My busa is pretty important to me as far as material possessions go but @ the end of the day it is a bike and my life will go on with or without it. Its just a hell of a lot more exciting with it :laugh:

Yes I would. I'm blessed to not have to at the moment but things change everyday. I would though

I work average of 55+ hrs, 6-7 days a week so no time for a second job. Its important like #1busa said but in the end its just a toy.

i have to have one in my garage... i will go in state of depression without one..:laugh:
work a lot of hours already,not sure if i can handle another job.. my bikes are paid for, i don't believe on financing a bike, i make sure i do what it takes not to get my self in deep debt and selling my bike to pay debts..

I lived bikes for almost 10 years. It's all I did. I used to live on this site and at one point was very well known on here. Things change, views change. Riding alone all the time SUCKS. Especially when you have buddies with bikes but getting them to ride is like hearding cats. Back in June of 09' I was riding my built turbo'd 06' Busa one day just cruuising down the road and I said to myself "This isn't fun for me anymore". I had this cool bike that I built from scratch and could care less if I rode it or not. Actually by that time I had owned 3-4 different Busa's and pretty much did everything you could do to them. I guess you could say I burnt out. If I didn't owe money on that turbo bike I would've kept it and parked it till my intrest came back. But I sold it. I work for Harley Davidson as a tech and decided to try out owning a bagger. It wasn't for me and I ended up geting into a near fatal head-on accident on it. While it didn't scare me off motorcycles, it completely killed any interest I had in them. Now riding is part of my job and not much else. Though thoughts of another bike have started creeping back into my mind lately....

Let me make something clear. I could afford a bike with my normal salary, and I am no longer in a bunch of debt I only took the job so the wife couldn't say it had any type of effect on her or our house. My second job is only twice a week 2 weeks a month for an hour and a half a day. I just go clean a office. Trash,mop,whipe down counters.... Easy job

material possesions worthless.... i do enjoy owning a busa but next to my family and my christian faith materialism falls last.. dont get me wrong ive been on bikes my entire life from dirt to street, but if depression hits after not owning a bike then some perspective needs to be addressed.

I loved my bike and told myself I would never sell it.... after seeing the engine on the floor here at the shop and the rolling frame in my garage.... I'm not sure how I feel about it now :banghead:

i have to have one in my garage... i will go in state of depression without one..:laugh:
work a lot of hours already,not sure if i can handle another job.. my bikes are paid for, i don't believe on financing a bike, i make sure i do what it takes not to get my self in deep debt and selling my bike to pay debts..

I'm with you bro,every day when i get home/throw up the garage door and see that shiny black Busa on the lift it just makes my whole day.:thumbsup:

I don't have enough time outside work to have a second job, every now and again something comes my way and I pick between sleeping and making a little on the side. Come on retirement :laugh:

I love toys and at one time had quite a few of them. I worked myself to death to keep them and would not take anything for the memories of doing it. I feel to this day if I could I would still work as hard as I could to have as many toys as I could. I love having things and 2nd was never good enough for me. Don't expect anyone to give you anything. Most of the time if it is gave to you, you don't value it as much. Work hard, play hard and enjoy life as much as you can. Life is short even if you live to be 100. :laugh:

You sell it or working on it?

Uhm.... well I didn't sell it and I WAS working on it....

JJBUSAENGINE_zpsfce43c2a.jpg

JJbusaNoEngine_zps107ce26f.jpg

Back