Corona Alstare Fairings

simmerent

Registered
My winter project is almost complete. I bought the '06 last summer. The left fairing was cracked and there were scratches all over it and it was set up for touring (1st pic). I went through a Chinese seller. Fitment is perfect. They have great customer service but... Out of the box, the nose was cracked, despite the great packaging (wooden internal frame, individually wrapped in foam). The second nose they sent out got seized by Chinese customs. Third times a charm. Here's their link if anyone's interested: http://purplesalad.en.alibaba.com [I think I] dealt with the same person each time and always got responses within a day. Was able to put custom number on the tail too. Pretty happy, overall. Moving back to the US this summer and will get the frame powder coated black.

Cheers.

photo.jpg

IMG_9958.jpg

Love it. Word of advice, getting down to the frame to get it powdercoated is a bish. I love those fairings though!

I took my plastics off, (removed the engine but you don't HAVE too), sanded the crap out of the frame, cleaned with rubbing alcohol, used an adhesion promotor, primed with green self-etching primer, then painted it. Sounds like a lot? Not really considering you'd be taking EVERYTHING off including the forks and tail section, wiring, engine, etc out to powdercoat it.

Read through the thread titled "My Busa Overhaul" and you'll see what all I've done.

Looks good, but getting rid of the silver will make it look 10x better.

I used a ceramic black paint on mine and never had any problems with it. Good prep is key.

I saw your post and YOU actually got me to look into the Corona fairings. Love it with the black. What seat is that?

Thats the factory gel seat from suzuki, best seat for the Gen 1 in my opinion and I tried them all. At least for my azz it was. :laugh:

Thanks. I have a Corbin right now but it's like sitting on slate.

:laugh: That's what I thought of the 3 different ones I tried. Except I thought it was like sitting on a piece of plywood and I just figured my azz wasn't big/fat enough for it. Everyone says they have to break in first, well I put like 1500 miles on one and it was just as bad, even bought a used one hoping maybe someone else wore their azz out breakin it in but even that one felt the same. Tried the Tobin/New Image and they were nut crunchers to me, factory seat lil stiff but factory gel fit the bill. Put them on every gen 1 I had.

BallZ makes black frame covers that will get rid of that silver without having to go through the hassle of stripping your entire bike down :whistle:

#1 Busa is right, and they last a good long time too. Just depends on whether you want a plastic look or not. Personal preference? I'd paint it (because I did)

Looks good, but getting rid of the silver will make it look 10x better.

I used a ceramic black paint on mine and never had any problems with it. Good prep is key.

did you sand your frame or just clean it really well before paint?

did you sand your frame or just clean it really well before paint?

I scuffed it down & cleaned it up good, but didn't go as far as sanding it all down smooth as I would have if I was gonna keep it like that for a while. I basically just did that theme just to try it out for a while, really had no intentions of keeping it like that for long.

I scuffed it down & cleaned it up good, but didn't go as far as sanding it all down smooth as I would have if I was gonna keep it like that for a while. I basically just did that theme just to try it out for a while, really had no intentions of keeping it like that for long.

:laugh:What color is it now?
It changes weekly.:laugh:

BallZ makes black frame covers that will get rid of that silver without having to go through the hassle of stripping your entire bike down :whistle:

Here's same bike with some of the frame covers. I decided the frame needed to be glossy when the bike went black and I did the inner dash panels smoothed & glossy. And then it just carried over nice when it went red with the inners being glossy again. I think it all depends on what your inners are, as it just sorta flows with the frame better if there glossy/glossy or satin/satin. ??? But then again it's all what you like and you can live with. Or you can just be like me and do it, and if you don't like it or change your mind. Then just Change It !! :rofl:

DSCN8300.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0841.jpg

Back