Best things to buy for improved braking

When you change the MC, I notice that they have levers with them I assume? I can still keep my Pazzo levers right?

No, you'll need a new lever.

And to the suspension, you can't mess it up.
At 270lbs, stock is not going to get where you ideally would want it to be. However, it's most likely that you can improve it alot more than where ever it's set at now.

I also have a set of stock length black Galfer front ss lines with around 2k to 3k miles(if that) on them.
A member who is not in the U.S had pm'd me about shipping costs to him, but I haven't heard back from him.
If I don't hear from him by Tuesday, I'll sell them to anyone else interested. $50 shipped to 48 states.
If you want new lines, that's cool too, just an offer:beerchug:

I did this conversion for better braking. :laugh:
IMG_1192.jpg

Are there any members near you that can help you set the sag?
As said, you likely can't get the stock suspension right at your weight, but I'de bet you can still make a noticeable improvement to it. And keep the front from diving so much under hard braking.

When you change the MC, I notice that they have levers with them I assume? I can still keep my Pazzo levers right?

If you have Pazzo levers for stock clutch and MC. Then no, the Pazzo from the stock MC will not fit the Brembo RCS 19 MC. The Brembo MC has its own lever and it is the long standard lever. I believe you can order a shorty for it by Brembo.... but pricey. Not sure if a Pazzo can be ordered for a Brembo MC. I ordered only a clutch MC standard length Pazzo lever in black to match the Brembo MC's lever. Check my link I posted above to see what it looks like.

Yes, we sell everything you guys are talking about. PM me, call me or click links in sig.

We're a EBC, Brembo, Galfer & Pazzo dealer has been mentioned so far, so any product we can ship you.

EBC Extreme Pro Pads are pricey, but as you see, members love them. They are $75 list per rotor. Can send them out Monday if you need them. EBC' normal HH pad is the same cost as Galfer HH, likely a matter of preference there.

Stainless steel brake lines we have in stock - silver or black. Very first thing you should do when you buy the busa is toss the ****ty stock rubber brake lines. Pure crap. Both of my Busa's have same problem. Just my opinion of course.

Master Cylinder I have yet to do, but we sell a lot of Brembo (note if you go Brembo MC, you'll also need custom brake lines (not stock anymore) & the remote reservoir). Maybe that's the next mod for the PashnitBusa. Just tore the whole front of the bike off yesterday to put the T-Rex Sliders on.

8422003573_1088212e52_b.jpg

Are there any members near you that can help you set the sag?
As said, you likely can't get the stock suspension right at your weight, but I'de bet you can still make a noticeable improvement to it. And keep the front from diving so much under hard braking.

Sorry Six. I just went back to this thread to re read about the brake pads. I didnt see you posted this. I don't know anyone from the org by me. Closest is prolly, Flicka, if he is in Chat. TN a little over 2 hours. Also, is this the right ones? New EBC Extreme Pro Race Front Brake Pads Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR 600 750 1000 M109 | eBay

Don't agree with your friend. Don't get EBC either, stock is better. Do SS lines and some good race pads first. Then think about a new master. Then look into calipers and rotors, in that order.

No, you'll need a new lever.

And to the suspension, you can't mess it up.
At 270lbs, stock is not going to get where you ideally would want it to be. However, it's most likely that you can improve it alot more than where ever it's set at now.

I also have a set of stock length black Galfer front ss lines with around 2k to 3k miles(if that) on them.
A member who is not in the U.S had pm'd me about shipping costs to him, but I haven't heard back from him.
If I don't hear from him by Tuesday, I'll sell them to anyone else interested. $50 shipped to 48 states.
If you want new lines, that's cool too, just an offer:beerchug:

You are right on the money, I had a AMA friend set mine up when we did my fork seals, I am close to Mono's weight and it is such a different bike brakes and in the twisties......suspension is everything

Last year I change to galfer lines and ebc hh pads. Now im thinking of changing my master cylinder. Some one told me I can but a 2007 gsxr 1000 mc. Any other master cylinder that can fit my gen 1 busa?

Last year I change to galfer lines and ebc hh pads. Now im thinking of changing my master cylinder. Some one told me I can but a 2007 gsxr 1000 mc. Any other master cylinder that can fit my gen 1 busa?

Go back and reread my 2nd post on page 1........

Sorry Six. I just went back to this thread to re read about the brake pads. I didnt see you posted this. I don't know anyone from the org by me. Closest is prolly, Flicka, if he is in Chat. TN a little over 2 hours. Also, is this the right ones? New EBC Extreme Pro Race Front Brake Pads Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR 600 750 1000 M109 | eBay

I wouldn't recommend buying brake pads off ebay. They may say EBC on the package and still be Chinese knockoffs. Go visit Pashnit, you are guaranteed to get the real McCoy.

You are totally about these EBC extreme HH pads!
Don't agree with your friend. Don't get EBC either, stock is better. Do SS lines and some good race pads first. Then think about a new master. Then look into calipers and rotors, in that order.

I wouldn't recommend buying brake pads off ebay. They may say EBC on the package and still be Chinese knockoffs. Go visit Pashnit, you are guaranteed to get the real McCoy.

Very true!

Back