Metric bikes finally catch up with Harley, its about dam time

masterblaster

Registered
Been wanting one of the Triumph Explorers since that came out last year, test rode a couple times nice power shaft drive, decent suspension for what it is, Good wind protection. Stopped bu the Triumph dealer again last week to drop off my 2011 Sprint GT for some minor warranty work, while there I signed up for a test ride on the new Trophy they are rolling out here in the US. Wake up this morning and tell wifey lts go, it was raining a bit but she is a trooper and jumped on the bike and off we went. Get to the dealer and they are holding off until the rain stops, I try to convince them to let me test traction control and abs but they would not budge, so I started looking at the Tiger Explorer while waiting for the rain to stop. Started thinking I have two Triumphs, a Busa and a Harley Ultra LTD, maybe I only need three 3 instead of 4 as I only have a 2 car garage. The Explorer that was on the floor was a new 2013, started looking at the spec again, and I'll be dammed it has self cancelling turn signals. Finally the foreigners are catching up with Harley, ABS, Cruise control no biggie, but the self cancelling signals were the clincher. Asked him to work the numbers and they worked out so I leave two bikes and ride home with a new bike that has self cancelling signals. Yeah now I am down to 3 bikes but the garage dosent look like it belongs in an episode of pickers now, no more filling driveway with bikes when I gotta work on something, have some room now.

DSCN2750.JPG

DSCN2756.JPG

DSCN2749.JPG

:thumbsup: I'm waiting for the next gen Suzuki V-Strom 1000 for my "milage bike" ,,,,self canceling turn signals ??? :cheerleader: :laugh:

Turn signals :dunno: You guys use them?

That motorcycle sits up high. Put some knobby tires on it and take it over some jumps.
Is the front tire larger then the rear?

Turn signal canceling takes more R&D either with a timer, speed or a tilt sensor. My 99 vmax had them but I would click em off before they cancelled. I guess engineers figured that motorcycle riders are more in tuned and your hands are by the control anyways and it takes a finger to cancel after the turn rather then a cager having to reach up and cancel it. IMO its a waste of R&D thats the main reason for the flashing in your insturment panel incase you forget to turn em off

I hear ya Lankee, in my case over half my riding is on a Harley lately and 100% up til I hit my midlife thing a few years ago and went crazy on fast bikes. Its just a safety thing in my mind, every bit helps.

Back