Meltdown :(

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I was riding home the other night on a back road when the headlight went out. I tried firing the high beam without any luck. Knowing I was nearing a curve in the dark, I decided to stop. When I pulled in the clutch, Luci shut off. The battery is only a few weeks old. I assumed when she wouldn't start then that it was becasue the nearly 5 year old battery had finally given up. It turns out that Luci wasn't charging the battery.

It didn't take long to find out why Luci stopped charging. What caused the meltdown may not be as simple.

430785_3510081170806_1242220642_n.jpg

Oof, that don't look good. Did you get her home OK?

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

If thats the plug from the rectifier to the stator, Doyle (DR1300) is having the same issue.

What caused the meltdown may not be as simple

You can start trouble shooting by disabling one of the 23 onboard cameras you have on her...

Dennis here is a site that sells oem replacement connectors, to able you to repair the harness!

CNA250-TL
This is the part number, 6P250 CNA Tang-Less Set.

Or i have a junk Harness in the shop and i can cut the regulator plug off for you!

Make sure you test the stator to make sure it is in spec!

While your at it I'd swap to a Mosfet rectifier. Im going on 2 trouble free years on my swap, and everything cost lest than half the price of a new factory rectifier.

My swap

I'm glad your safe, did you get Luci home? :banghead: I'm sure Trish came to the rescue with the truck. Get her fixed quickly. :please:

While your at it I'd swap to a Mosfet rectifier. Im going on 2 trouble free years on my swap, and everything cost lest than half the price of a new factory rectifier.

My swap

Nice. The original factory unit lasted 7 years. I'm not sure if the problem is the rectifier at this point.

Hey at least it didnt go out in the middle of that corner. Hope you get it corrected and back on the road.

Dennis, i cant find an extra regulator, but her is the plug tail you need!

DCP_1865 (Small).JPG

DCP_1866 (Small).JPG

Back