Play time @ Cheferman land

Describe the third picture....that looks really delicious. When I lived in Lake Worth, we used to spend week-ends at my former VP condo in Ft. Myers. That area is really nice.

Good luck with your new endeavor! Much Success!

That is our wild mushroom crostini. My green grocer gets these awesome Floridian grown mushrooms( matsutaki, honsamiji, oyster, (maitake)hen of the wood, shiitake, golden trumpet) quick sauté with shallot, garlic, thyme. Add a lithe sea salt/ pepper deglaze w brandy, a tbs or 2 of veal Demi glacé. Then crumble in some Farmstead goat cheese to warm. Spoon on top of toasted crostini(baguette with roasted garlic olive oil and a lil grated Parmesan cheese)
The micro greens are an organic mix we are calling our citrus mix. It's dressed simply with some evoo, Myer lemon juice, sea salt, sugar and blk pepper.

Never sweat the petty things. 58

TNX,
You and I would get along well! We eat Vegetarian 3-4 times a week at the house by choice. As far Snipe and Naug go, you will have to educate me on those...I know what Snipe are and their role on the word Sniper. Naug, not a clue.

lol Well, I don't actually eat meat at all and apparently my joking skills are lacking in the real as well.

Naug, as in naugahyde, the fake leather material (manmade textile). The old joke was that naugahyde came from a "naug" (as if "hyde" was an actual "hyde").

As for snipe, I thought it was a mythical animal due to the classic prank of the snipe hunt. I was thinking the joke was based on the snipe not existing. As it turns out, the prank is based on the prankee be told to "hunt" the snipe by merely staying put until the snipe comes to theme/walks by (presumably in an area where this is likelt to NEVER happen).

So it seems we both learned something here. :)

Cheers! :beerchug:

That is our wild mushroom crostini. My green grocer gets these awesome Floridian grown mushrooms( matsutaki, honsamiji, oyster, (maitake)hen of the wood, shiitake, golden trumpet) quick sauté with shallot, garlic, thyme. Add a lithe sea salt/ pepper deglaze w brandy, a tbs or 2 of veal Demi glacé. Then crumble in some Farmstead goat cheese to warm. Spoon on top of toasted crostini(baguette with roasted garlic olive oil and a lil grated Parmesan cheese)
The micro greens are an organic mix we are calling our citrus mix. It's dressed simply with some evoo, Myer lemon juice, sea salt, sugar and blk pepper.

Never sweat the petty things. 58

I don't like mushrooms...but that sounds good.

Wine pairings your forte too? :thumbsup:

All the dishes look top shelf. :bowdown:

Thanks
I do! Although I have the luxury of a fabulous dining room manager that is incredibly strong with her wine knowledge. We are supporting her in her quest to become a Master Sommelier.

Thanks
I do! Although I have the luxury of a fabulous dining room manager that is incredibly strong with her wine knowledge. We are supporting her in her quest to become a Master Sommelier.

I can tell I'm a lower class citizen as I have never even met an amateur sommlier, much less work with a prospecting master.

Wow man, if you can get 47 posts from a bunch of us no class busa guys you must have talent chef! :thumbsup:

lol Well, I don't actually eat meat at all and apparently my joking skills are lacking in the real as well.

Naug, as in naugahyde, the fake leather material (manmade textile). The old joke was that naugahyde came from a "naug" (as if "hyde" was an actual "hyde").

As for snipe, I thought it was a mythical animal due to the classic prank of the snipe hunt. I was thinking the joke was based on the snipe not existing. As it turns out, the prank is based on the prankee be told to "hunt" the snipe by merely staying put until the snipe comes to theme/walks by (presumably in an area where this is likelt to NEVER happen).

So it seems we both learned something here. :)

Cheers! :beerchug:

Lol, I thought the naug were only in oklahoma. Aqua naughys are what you use for interior, theyre water proof, vs regular naughy that live in trees

Poor quality photos of the latest test items, my photographer was busy baking bread....:whistle:

Grouper Tacos, Tuna Salad Nicoise, & Domestic Lamb Rack with Pistachio and Vanilla Vinegar Gastrique.
I'll get some more this evening as we are doing our first mock service with the staff!:cheerleader:

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

cherman, you are my new best freind! everything looks nyummy!

am hoping to go to culinary skool after am done with bizness mngmnt

Hey, I'd get rid of that dude in the photos and get a "REAL" Chef. That dude is way to skinny to be a Chef! :laugh:

Congratulations on your new adventure. Looks very appetizing, well done. :bowdown:

Starting a new business from the ground up is never easy. Your days of a short week of 40 hours may be over for the rest of your life.

May you be blessed with a steady supply of customers and an excessive amount of cash flow! :cheerleader:

Today's happenings @ Il Cielo;
A freebie luncheon for 50, a very near and dear society/organization to the folks I represent. Quick simple menu of Italian Wedding Soup, Crepes filled with roasted free range chicken, wild mushroom and sweet potato puree; White Truffle Veloute. For dessert, the Mrs. Pastry Chef made a traditional English Trifle.
Bread service, house made Focaccia with sun dried tomato olive oil with oregano.

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

More menu testing and mock service to get everyone up to speed, going soft opening on Monday. I'll get a day off on christmas...:whistle:

Yellow Fin Tuna and Avocado "Tian" with Golden Pear Tomato, Pine Island Clams with Tasso ham, Fresno Chilies, & Cilantro,
Mussels "Il Cielo" (our version of Mussels Meuniere) with Fennel and roasted garlic, House made fettucine with organic Spinach, toasted Pine nuts, Basil and oven dried Tomatoes.

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

Lastly for this evening; Mrs. Cheferman the pastry chef presents,

Vanilla Creme Brulee, Orange Blossom Chocolate Cake, Caramel Apple Tart with Vanilla Gelato, and lastly
A Key Lime Panna Cotta with a Pecan Shortbread and Raspberry Puree.

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

cherman, you are my new best freind! everything looks nyummy!

am hoping to go to culinary skool after am done with bizness mngmnt
Bravo! It's an awesome profession and true labor of love!
Come see me, I'll give you an education second to none!

Back