Georgia Mountains December 1st Ride

Vman1313

Registered
Its been cold (or at least too cold for me) to ride to work at 7AM so the poor Scoots have sat and only been getting short rides here and there. Today I took off for a 100+ mile ride into the North Georgia Mountains and took a few pics. =)

Funny story - Just a few miles into my ride are the only LONG LONG straight aways to stretch out the Busa's legs :whistle: I get up into some high numbers until I catch a Suburban. As I start slowing down, the popo coming the other way waves his finger at me in a NO NO fashion. :please: Thank you popo for not giving me a ticket and for making the rest of my ride still spirited but more speed weary. :laugh:

Not as funny story - I pull up to a 3 way stop sign. I start to go but notice huge white suburban not slowing down so as I stop in the middle of the street...he plows thru the stop sign giving me ugly looks.....while I notice his wife smacking him and fussing....she must have saw the stop sign he did not see!!! :banghead:

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5033.jpg

I was going to get out onto Hwy 52 or 348 out of Helen today, but got working on the house and never made it. At least some one was out enjoying the 70 degree weather.

So where were you riding? I miss the N. GA mountains!!!

Here so pictures I have taken over the past few years, maybe you recognize some of the locations?
DSC07081.jpg

DSC03880.jpg

DSC03731.jpg

A little cooler on this day...
DSC03873.jpg

DSC04285.jpg

I was going to get out onto Hwy 52 or 348 out of Helen today, but got working on the house and never made it. At least some one was out enjoying the 70 degree weather.

It was a bit cooler up there in the mountains but still very bearable/comfortable. I took 60 thru Dahlonega to 129 to 180 to 348 to 75 back to 129 and home I came. We are lucky to have the roads we have here in North GA. :thumbsup:

Love your luggage rack!!! Wish they made that model for the Gen 2

I love it that it really flows decently with the lines of the bike and doesnt look too out of place BUT sometimes I do feel stupid having a rack on a BUSA hahahahaha!!! Feels like I am committing BLASPHEMY!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!

@powers739 -- GREAT PICS!! You my friend are a dare devil riding those roads in the snow. :bowdown: Your second pic and my second pic are at the exact same spot except you are facing one way and I was facing the other. I went thru every one of the places in your pics yesterday. :laugh: GREAT PICS!!!

Your busa is purdy!!! Good looking out for the idiot in the suburban!:beerchug:

Thanks busa clubslinger....I am liking her "minimalistic blacked out" looks.

Yeah, he was fussing at me and giving me ugly looks like I was doing something wrong and his wife was smacking him and fussing. I am assuming cause she saw the stop sign and felt the little white ribs/lines that are on the ground telling you the stop sign is coming up. :banghead:

Gainesville VA....Im in Gainesville GA!

@powers739 -- GREAT PICS!! You my friend are a dare devil riding those roads in the snow. :bowdown: Your second pic and my second pic are at the exact same spot except you are facing one way and I was facing the other. I went thru every one of the places in your pics yesterday. :laugh: GREAT PICS!!!

When I lived in Alpharetta, I was up there every other weekend. The picture with the ice fall is on Richard Russell scenic highway. It was nice riding through the seasons to experience the change in scenery and roads. I have a bunch more pictures throughout he area but I didn't want to bore people.

looks like you were very close to my favorite place - Vogel state park - spent a week in oct.----

I would go by Vogel state park all the time. I had a black bear run out in front in that area.

Back