Samsung Galaxy Note 2

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Figured I would throw in a little post about this phone which is amazing. The battery life is incredible. Phone does not get hot on the ear, doesn't freeze or have issues like my HTC Evo did. I threw in a little screenshot of how long my battery last on alternating moderate to heavy usage. It is pricey but it was worth every dime. Another picture is compared to my HTC Evo that I replaced. This thing makes using a phone as a planner/organizer very awesome. Of course I have rooted it and installed custom roms and software, but even without that, it is still an amazing phone. The 5.5 inch screen is fantastic with the stylus.

And yes, that picture does say 1 day and 9 hours without being charged. 33 hours without having to charge it :)

302886_3967874045751_1485705111_n.jpg

ScreenShot.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg

Last edited:
Thing is huge though isn't it?

It is large but it fits perfectly in the pockets of everything, to include my jeans. And it is very thin. It is no different to carry around than my EVO except it does not get hot in my pocket like my EVO did.

My buddy has one. He loves it.

I had to ask him where the remote was the first time I saw it.

thanks for the review/write up/pix :thumbsup: I've been on the fence, actually that fence post has been pretty firmly planted for a bit :whistle: on what to upgrade my evo 3d into....and this might be the one. I was leaning iPhone 5 since I can have it unlocked for international until I found that getting the nano sim cards on prepaid plans can be a little bit of a pain in the buttocks. I was leaning S3 since I'm finding that I really cannot do what I do on my Android on the iPhone the same way and for me its the tighter integration with Google for things like backing up my SMS/MMS messages, etc.

Very nice phone, in waiting on the HTC DNA for Verizon, I love sense to much.

Sent from my hayabusa!

Keep us posted. I have a Evo and my brother offered to pay for my free upgrade with sprint on whatever phone I choose...

Very nice! Thats 1 of the phones I have been condidering getting. Im due for an upgrade and my blackberry is killing me :laugh:

I received one last week for testing. We are trying to determine which phone would be better for our techncians. I'm comparing the EVO LTE, Samsung Galaxy III, and the Note 2. So far, the Note 2 is in the lead. Surprisingly, the EVO is in second place with the Galaxy III in third as voted on by our test users.

I received one last week for testing. We are trying to determine which phone would be better for our techncians. I'm comparing the EVO LTE, Samsung Galaxy III, and the Note 2. So far, the Note 2 is in the lead. Surprisingly, the EVO is in second place with the Galaxy III in third as voted on by our test users.

Yeah, the Note 2 is lightning fast also. And I love how it does not get hot like my EVO did under heavy use or in my pocket.

Keep us posted. I have a Evo and my brother offered to pay for my free upgrade with sprint on whatever phone I choose...

I asked a lot of the original Note owners if they had any issues and no one really had any complaints at all. I have not have any issues so far and I have done a lot of modification to the software of it. I got the S3 for my mother for $1 on a pre-black friday sale. It seems that Samsung really got it right with these new phones.

It's being Launched today (finally) for Verizon. It's available in-store and online at authorized retailers. I checked after midnight last night on Verizon's website and it indicated "sold out". I went to my local corporate store yesterday and one of the CSR's said if I called their store half an hour before they opened for business (today), he'd put my name on one and hold it for an hour.

I'm not going to sign a new 2-year contract... just pay for it up front, since I still have my unlimited (un-throttled) data plan. I used 12gb last month and I don't believe they have a tiered data plan within my budget if I didn't already have unlimited.

It's big. So what. That's one of the reasons I want it. My coat is big and cumbersome too, comparatively. :moon:

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I love it...I would assume the Note is pretty much the same, just larger. Looks nice! Congrats!! :thumbsup:

would you mod another if sent to you?

Yeah, the Note 2 is lightning fast also. And I love how it does not get hot like my EVO did under heavy use or in my pocket.

I asked a lot of the original Note owners if they had any issues and no one really had any complaints at all. I have not have any issues so far and I have done a lot of modification to the software of it. I got the S3 for my mother for $1 on a pre-black friday sale. It seems that Samsung really got it right with these new phones.

I took your advice Russell and picked this phone up yesterday, coming from a galaxy s, this phone is awesome, it's huge and I love it! Fast, fast, fast,

How is the size when you are making calls? Do you use a headset with it or do you use mostly the phone? Sorry for the quandary of questions, but my EVO is currently possessed and is coming due for replacement.

Bigger screen and an overall better phone. I like the phablet idea of it. I use my phone a lot for notes, lists, and schedules. The stylus is nice to have.

How is the size when you are making calls? Do you use a headset with it or do you use mostly the phone? Sorry for the quandary of questions, but my EVO is currently possessed and is coming due for replacement.

Holding the phone to the head really is not any different except for that it does not get hot on my face like my EVO did which is nice. I do have a bluetooth that I use in the car though.

I played with one today. I loved the screen and it seemed like the screen was way better than the S3. Anyone else noticed them side by side with the same image. Was the local Best Buy playing tricks or is it just really that much clearer, brighter, vivid, etc on the Note 2 vs S3?

Also something one of my coworkers and I were debating about the Note 2 was that it was wider than you could easily "thumb". What I found today dorking around with the settings is a "one hand use" setup. Looks as if it shrinks the pop out tools (keyboard, number pad, etc) and locks it to one side or the other and is quite easily "thumbed" just as the smaller screen devices are. Also there was some little sticker things that you can program the phone to recognize and put in your office, car, etc that when tapped the phone changes its configuration or whatever to whatever you set it to do. I guess its the same kinda technology as the sharing files or whatever that you see on the commercials .

I think I'm going to pick one up tomorrow, I need an upgrade and the one hand operation seems to have solved my issues with not being able to easily type out something with one hand like I can today on my evo.:thumbsup:

Back