VENTURA Packs -what say you?!

FALQN

Registered
I'm putting together a christmas list:santa::laugh:and wanted opinions on the Ventura packs for those that have them. Even with a sale it will run me $480. The pack itself is not expensive, it's the L-brackets that will put a hole in your pocket. Having said that, they seem to be ideal.

Give me your $.02!

I have only used mine once so far. Took a week trip through CO a few years back. I loved it and liked that I could just pop it off and take the bags in to a room with me.

Being that I dont have one, I cant give you first hand reviews, but I promise with the miles I have ridden with friends that do have one, I want one and will be my next major bike purchase. They are easier to pack, install, secure, and take inside. A must have for travel in my opinion. I am tired of the saddle bags and back packs. Its also easier on the paint, mine is the white one. Edited to show more pics, me want one!

2012-04-17_15-07-07_982.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

Busa Bash 2012 002.jpg

I have had one since 01, and its the one of the best motorcycle items to have!

twotonevert & BlueHaya, thanks. I don't see how you can go wrong with this setup, especially if you can zip two packs together and get 100 Liters back there riding solo. I have some 1/2 bar stock, I may make my own L-brackets and then order the pack.:whistle:Cutting the price in half.

I purchased mine from a board member and love it, plenty of storage space. I recommend getting one.

Now that I have it, I think it's one of the coolest mods I've ever done. The Sport Pack gives me a wee bit more carrying capacity and all my spare camera gear & GoPro items can go in there. It's modular and it works. Plus you can take it with you. Sell the bike, just get a new set of L-Brackets and done.

And yes, I had mine custom painted to match the Busa. Looks awesome.

http://www.pashnit.com/product/ventura/rack_pack.html#top

7839607614_2d935181ca_b.jpg

Yessiree Bob! Another 1/2 gallon of gas.

7997979232_573294644f_b.jpg

7873224800_7423700cfd_b.jpg

If your gonna travel I don't think that you can get any better than Ventura... I guarantee they work at 80mph, in the rain, in the heat and have tons of room. I use any reason I can find to post up pics of the last man trip!

2-6.jpg
4-3.jpg
5-2.jpg
8-0.jpg
9-4.jpg
13-6.jpg
16-2.jpg
28-4.jpg
29-2.jpg

2-6.jpg

4-3.jpg

5-2.jpg

8-0.jpg

9-4.jpg

13-6.jpg

16-2.jpg

28-4.jpg

29-2.jpg

Cap that sure is a fanstastic looking bike and wow what a trip.. I've been wondering and asked about these bags too.. great thread

If your gonna travel I don't think that you can get any better than Ventura... I guarantee they work at 80mph, in the rain, in the heat and have tons of room. I use any reason I can find to post up pics of the last man trip!

View attachment 256351
View attachment 256352
View attachment 256353
View attachment 256354
View attachment 256355
View attachment 256356
View attachment 256357
View attachment 256358
View attachment 256359

I agree, The ventura pack is very useful. I think I'd like to upgrade and pick up an additional bag to zip together.

It did look goofy as hell though, to put on my bike when it was stretched and lowered. But it's way better than commuting to work with a backpack on.

best money you can spend for your bike. have you looked in the classifieds on here? Few weeks back there was a member had 'em for sale.

I love mine. Ride to and from work most days of the year (you can do that in Australia!!!), and have the pack on the back. Usually carrying spare gym clothes, laptop, lunch, or anything else... Highly recommend them.

Great pics guys and gals! Appreciate the input, I'm definitely over the top on this decision.:smile_face_r:

Great pics guys and gals! Appreciate the input, I'm definitely over the top on this decision.:smile_face_r:

Just to be sure... I've had a Ventura setup on a couple of bikes now.:thumbsup:

Busa Showing ZG.jpg

194107_10151258821298140_2058346360_o.jpg

Sell the bike, just get a new set of L-Brackets and done.

I thought that would be the case, but it turns out that the L-brackets on the Kawi are farther apart so I had to replace the Pack Rack too. I was able to reuse the bags, but everything else had to be replaced. Oh well, it's a very good system. :thumbsup:

Hey gang, day after tomorrow is Black Friday.

Biggest sale of the year for us is the Pashnit Black Friday Sale. It'll extend through Monday (Cyber Monday). We also offer 6 mo financing no payments no interest in case that's an issue.

If you're serious about picking up a set, let me know and we'll throw out a price for you. Thread will be posted up late tomorrow for the BF sale details.

curious about handling issues (if any) with the weight/location of the bag out in the back? I am guessing most "forget" that there is even stuff back there, yes?

Back