Living With Your Hayabusa

gueroaero

Registered
The Hayabusa is sexy, powerful, and dependable (from what I've seen), but also heavy and unforgiving. Having said that, I just may piss my pants after (during ? lol) my first 'Busa ride due to excitement (yeah....excitement :) lol). I've wanted a Hayabusa from the first time I locked eyes on those voluptuous curves :thumbsup: and have wanted to ride one of my own since then. I fully intend to buy a Hayabusa when I'm done with school, and will live with it as a daily ride for at least a year before I will decide to keep or sell. I am curious though whether I have My question to all of the org members who do or have used the Hayabusa as a daily ride is: what are your thoughts on your ownership and use? What made you smile in normal use? What made you want to YELL in daily use?

Thanks to everyone in advance for answering :cheerleader:

What's a daily ride to you?

20+ minutes to work and back, highway traffic, a few stoplights in the mix and some of the slower parts of the road with some annoying bumps etc. I also ride in the rain, so rain also :thumbsup: lol

There are guys here on the org who use it as their daily commuter. IMO its still a great bike for daily riding but its also about how much you love the bike because most guys would want to ride their bikes everyday. Use it as your daily ride because its a solid bike and its dependable. You'll love it. I for one use it daily to work short work trips out of town and back home when the weather is good.

Daily rider here too. No problems either and I ride every where! I love the pull it has when i start twisting that throttle. Granted mine is not completely stock. Wish my tires would last longer. Lol.

For commuting I think it's a good bike... If it's your only vehicle - I'd think you would want a bike with good quality luggage, a liitte rain and cold protection etc.

For commuting I think it's a good bike... If it's your only vehicle - I'd think you would want a bike with good quality luggage, a liitte rain and cold protection etc.

If things get really bad, I have a car. lol. I rode lots of heavy rain, snow and single digit winter days (I used to live much farther north :whistle:) on cruisers with no fairings or wind screen.

MAKE SURE the busa is comfortable for YOU!!!
If it is not comfortable, your daily ride will quickly become no fun.
No matter how much power or how much you like the looks of it.
If it doesn't feel right and fit right, dream a new dream bike.
Good luck.:beerchug:

I ride my Busa to commute to the office every day regardless of the weather, in SoFla the worst we get is rain. I find the Busa to be very comfortable in both traffic and open lanes. I use the HOV lanes where the speeds are commonly in the 80+ region and I have plenty of ass left if I choose to twist the throttle and never worry about keeping up with traffic. Also the bike is substantial enough to be seen which is important for commuting. I ride an 05 and use 87 octane and get great gas mileage. I wouldn't want to get to work any other way.:cheerleader:

I ride my Busa to commute to the office every day regardless of the weather, in SoFla the worst we get is rain. I find the Busa to be very comfortable in both traffic and open lanes. I use the HOV lanes where the speeds are commonly in the 80+ region and I have plenty of ass left if I choose to twist the throttle and never worry about keeping up with traffic. Also the bike is substantial enough to be seen which is important for commuting. I ride an 05 and use 87 octane and get great gas mileage. I wouldn't want to get to work any other way.:cheerleader:

On 87 octane .....hmm interesting. I like your sig btw, it says everything. lol

Still riding daily. What I love is picking the front tire up off the pavement in the middle of carving a turn and having it set back down in the line with no shake and ripping the exit hard.

If it was a chick I would dump my wife and kids and move in with it. I wish it was.

I'll be back in a minute, gotta go to the garage for something...

Luci is my commuting, touring, draging, tracking, backroad riding machine.

20121119_2219481.jpg

pmra-2008-caps 080.jpg

258o2204_Cropped.jpg

Day5.DSCI0110.jpg

101_2952.jpg

100_5217.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

Image2 (Medium).jpg

Back