undertail rub

PRESSURE

Registered
Help me out fellas. I just stretched and lowered my 07 and my undertail is disappearing slowly but surely. I'm only 160lbs so I'm wondering if somebody can give me the quick rundown on how to stiffing up my rear shock. I read the manual but I know you guys can make it clearer for me.

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

Help me out fellas. I just stretched and lowered my 07 busa and my undertail is disappearing slowly but surely. I'm a 160lbs so can someone give me a quick rundown on how to make the rear shock stiffer? My undertail is 2 months old :banghead:

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

Last edited:
There are 2 collars on the shock, loosen the top one (think its the top) then you can spin the bottom one to stiffen the rear. You'll need a spanner wrench to do it properly, but a flat blade screw driver and a hammer can be used. That'll help, but depending on how much you've lowered it, then undertail may never be safe with the stock shock.

ok, then I was on the right track. I stopped because I was damaging the collar but I will try it again and make sure I'm hitting it the right way???

ok, then I was on the right track. I stopped because I was damaging the collar but I will try it again and make sure I'm hitting it the right way???

I can't recall it if its the top/bottom collar to loosen and than adjust the other, but your in the right department. :thumbsup:

I wanna say hit the collar from the clutch handle side toward the throttle side, not 100% and not home.to check my bike, good luck.

My Hayabusa did the same thing . . .

Just let it get rubbed out !

Then add new plastic.

Red, *<(:{)-

Back