Hurricane Sandy, New Jersey

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Well guys, just got back from New Jersey and I could not be more proud of my team. I dont know how many hours we worked total, but we collectively drove 80,800 miles incident free. Here a few pictures of what we encountered. Here are the trailers that are bunk houses, laundry and the command center. We were fortunate enough to be moved to a hotel closer to our work location.

Hurricane Sandy 001.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 002.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 003.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 004.jpg

Thanks for posting James, nice to see people still helping and pulling together!!!!! :thumbsup:
That deserves both a great thanks and compliments.

These were taken in Brick New Jersey. While we working this day, FEMA evacuated parts of Brick because of the Nor Easter coming in that night.

Hurricane Sandy 015.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 016.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 018.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 019.jpg

More...the snow came in hard, we lost about 60k customers we had previously restored due to the winter storm.

Hurricane Sandy 035.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 036.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 041.jpg

The water was still about ankle deep in this location of Brick, we had one police officer come up to me with tears in his eyes because he was so happy to see us. It was heart breaking. Whatever support we needed, we had.

Hurricane Sandy 047.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 048.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 049.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 052.jpg

Point Pleasant Beach, pray for these people, we got on what we could without burning down their homes. Those with orange stickers were deemed unsafe by FEMA and we had to cut them in the clear.

Hurricane Sandy 053.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 054.jpg

Hurricane Sandy 056.jpg

Group photo of my team, Long Branch New Jersey. 36 total, 5-4man crews, 2-2man crews, 4-2man assessor crews, and 2 mechanics.

Hurricane Sandy 059.jpg

The people were amazing and very supportive. They will be years getting back to normal. I feel fortunate for what I have and what little we could do to help get their lives back to normal is small in comparison to what they must endure on thier own. Feel blessed my friends, life could always be worse.
I had more pictures, but vandals broke out the window of my truck in Columbus on our way home. We lost the camera and our GPS.

Sorry to hear that you were victim to stupid people stealing stuff after you and your crew did so much to help :banghead:

Glad you're back safely and thanks for all you did! I'm sure it was very much appreciated! Thanks for posting pics; looks like they were hit hard there :(

:thumbsup::bowdown: great job! sorry to hear about the theft. what comes around goes around!

Thank you for sharing

Thanks for sharing...but man, some of those just hurt to look at. How in the world do you stay warm working lines in a bucket truck in that weather!

As far as losing the camera and GPS, forget Karma, I wish you guys had been around when that was going down. :banghead:

Glad you and your team had a safe trip there and back!

As far as losing the camera and GPS, forget Karma, I wish you guys had been around when that was going down. :banghead:

Absolutely.

Thanks to you and your team for all the hard work, James. I'm still seeing hundreds of utility trucks during my daily commute on I-75. We had linemen from all over the country show up after the tornado outbreak last year, so I know how much it means to see all those trucks rolling in.

You guys do a great job. :thumbsup:

Back