DATE CHANGE!!! 2013 Spring Bash (APRIL 26 - 28)

Yeah, so what did happen to the "last full weekend in April and Sept" as the dates for the bashes? That's what we used to do until 2011...made life a whole lot easier to plan :poke:

If I remember correctly - and I'm getting old, so I may very well be wrong - in 2011 Easter was really late April 24th. Meaning the Bash would have been over Easter weekend.

It has been the Third full weekend for the last few years!

If I remember correctly - and I'm getting old, so I may very well be wrong - in 2011 Easter was really late April 24th. Meaning the Bash would have been over Easter weekend.

You are correct, Di - Easter was really late that year so we agreed to move the Bash in 2011; but I thought it was a "one time change"...

Check again... ???

2007 fall bash - Sept 28-30 (5th and last full weekend of Sept)

2008 spring bash - April 25-27 (4th and last full weekend of April)

2008 fall bash - Sept 26-28 (4th and last full weekend of Sept)

2009 spring bash - April 24-26 (4th and last full weekend of April)

2009 fall bash - Sept 25-27 (4th and last full weekend of Sept)

2010 spring bash - April 23-25 (4th and last full weekend of April)

2010 fall bash - Sept 24-26 (4th and last full weekend of September)

2011 spring bash - April 22-24 (4th and last full weekend of April)

2011 fall bash - Sept 23-25 (4th and last full weekend of Sept)

2012 spring bash - April 20-22 (3rd full weekend; 27-29 was the last full weekend)

2012 fall bash - Sept 21-23 (3rd full weekend; 28-30 was last full weekend)

2013 spring bash - April 19-21 (3rd full weekend; 26-28 is the last full weekend)

So, just this year (2012) is when the bashes suddenly went from being on the last full weekends of April and Sept, to the 3rd full weekends and some are wondering why. It was so much easier to just say "last full weekend of those months" and plan/book rooms...just sayin' :whistle:

Even found a quote from BusaWhipped in 2009:

Should be April 24-25. Its usually the last weekend in April.

Last edited:
You are correct, Di - Easter was really late that year so we agreed to move the Bash in 2011; but I thought it was a "one time change"...

If my research is correct, even with Easter, we still did the last full weekend in April in 2011...23-25 was still the last FULL weekend in April...

I suggest we pick a date right now, when it is sure not to rain. :laugh:

Rain.jpg

Rain.jpg

This thread is stupid.. There is only ONE thing that ANYONE can get from this thread, and it is this:

Rain.jpg

Thank you, that is all.. :beerchug:

Rain.jpg

Dave has set the date since he started coming in 07 according to his daughters school vacation, in April!
As far as the fall it has always been the third weekend to my knowledge!

:cheerleader: Already booked my rooooooommmmm hehehehehehe can't wait. Ok seriously next year needs to get here already already! SERIOUSLY :thumbsup::cheerleader:

O and Cap, I challenge you to keep your bike until after this bash and come up there with everyone and ride! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:please:

Back