The Inaugural TEAM GIXXER **SMACKTALKAPOOZA** - Barber 29-30 SEP 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a Blast guys. Thanks to Keith Jay and Charlie for showing us around there home track! Appreciate you hanging out in Intermediate saturday, wish I could have kept up :whistle:.....1:48 was all I could squeeze out of this weekend...a few pics.......thank you Aileen for your photos :thumbsup: 941 pics of our 10 days on the road and 530 were in at Barber!:laugh:
Enjoy...I will let you add the captions...:beerchug:

464.jpg

482.jpg

488.jpg

508.jpg

510.jpg

511.jpg

557.jpg

559.jpg

592.jpg

593.jpg

608.jpg

623.jpg

632.jpg

671.jpg

679.jpg

681.jpg

682.jpg

683.jpg

685.jpg

691.jpg

I am happy with consistent 1:49s
but technically this is a 1:48.98 so I will take it..haha

ForumRunner_20121001_171157.png

ForumRunner_20121001_171157.png

Daniel and his Green Monster
Trey with his Beast of a Busa and charlie showing them both around....

778.jpg

787.jpg

788.jpg

789.jpg

802.jpg

803.jpg

807.jpg

809.jpg

810.jpg

814.jpg

Wow, Chris! A lot of good pics! It was a lot of fun riding with you out there. 1:48 is an Advanced pace and DANG good for your second time to the track!

It was great to meet you and your awesome wife who took some great shots! Hopefull you can make it out again sometime...

....:popcorn:....just a few more...thanks guys...Aileen really enjoys taking pics!

If you PM your address I will mail you a disk of all the pics she took this weekend...minus the 100-200 pics of the neon orange machine at every angle :oldcool:

822.jpg

837.jpg

843.jpg

877.jpg

887.jpg

891.jpg

892.jpg

893.jpg

896.jpg

890.jpg

Love the shots topping the hill. Thousands of pics at Barber and I've never seen a single pic from that angle. Tell Aileen, she rocks!

Yea those are some cool shots.. Too bad she didnt get the one of your front wheel about 2 feet off the ground there :laugh:

And I didn't know Charlie went THUG LIFE on us in that pic :laugh:

Here is a GREAT shot of entering and exiting "charlotte's web"..Keith comes from back of a pack and slices his way to the front...showing me the way :laugh:

5 Barber 9/29/2012 stt track day - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking the inside line going up to the museum turn in is a perfect passing place! It puts you on the apex while most riders are lined up on your left taking the "normal" line. Nice video. Now we'll have to get Keith a new helmet since his won't fit anymore!

Here is a GREAT shot of entering and exiting "charlotte's web"..Keith comes from back of a pack and slices his way to the front...showing me the way :laugh:

[URL="
5 Barber 9/29/2012 stt track day - YouTube[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me a long time to be able to make passes there, but once you get the confidence to pass people on that inside line... There is no turning back.. Because usually you will be able to pass 3-5 bikes at the same time :thumbsup:

It took me a long time to be able to make passes there, but once you get the confidence to pass people on that inside line... There is no turning back.. Because usually you will be able to pass 3-5 bikes at the same time :thumbsup:

Looks like a good spot, but that one is so much tighter than it looks on video. Mainly because there's no room to set up for it I guess. Coming out of that was where I made that pass I told you about. The guy I was going around made a turn out of the next straight when he cut inside waaaay early, and I had to go by him on the curbing because there was no time to brake or change sides. Oh well, it worked out. A little closer than I would've liked though.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Looks like a good spot, but that one is so much tighter than it looks on video. Mainly because there's no room to set up for it I guess. Coming out of that was where I made that pass I told you about. The guy I was going around made a turn out of the next straight when he cut inside waaaay early, and I had to go by him on the curbing because there was no time to brake or change sides. Oh well, it worked out. A little closer than I would've liked though.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Yes you do have to be careful there tho....Especially with novice riders who aren't smooth yet... Some don't know the correct line to take at all so they will just wing it and you gotta be looking out for those guys :beerchug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back