Velocity or rcc turbo problems

I guess it depends if he told him this before or after...:whistle:

Richard at RCC is a good guy, but then so is Terry Kizer & Bill Hahn Junior & so was Barry etc. if the bike was in their own workshop or in a competent installers then failure rates would be almost zero no matter the kit choice.
I saved a customer on a Superstreet bike a 3rd head gasket this weekend by simply relocating his map sensor away from his regulator rectifier. I had never seen this bike or directly sold our kit . DIY installs, naive tuners & bad Internet advise its all there....

Half the battle is educating the customer.

:thumbsup:

Spoke to Richard this morning he was full of information and took his time and explained things to me. He explained what all the extra parts were for and why i needed them and exactly what they were for. I ended up getting the turbo, rods and pistons. He said I should receive it here in dallas in the next 2-3weeks

I'm over in Houston, also an Rcc dealer. If you have any questions or wanna check out some other turbo busas in the shop. :beerchug:

It's a shame because the turbo kit quality is excellent and very very responsible builder.
But unfortunately it does not work

It's a shame because the turbo kit quality is excellent and very very responsible builder.

YES they do for there intended purpose . Stg 1 kits = nice street bike , not a land speed bike ( intercooled / built engine) capable "sustained" high speeds .
As Sean stated , the end user is kinda responsible for a proper install .

Actually it works fine for its intended purpose, however you can not hold the throttle wide open in 6th gear at 10 500rpm, for 5-6 kms, on pump fuel, you have no water injection and no form of inter-cooling and your stock compression is 12.5:1
Compressed air gets hot, the pictures you posted clearly show that your pistons and cylinder walls got so hot that they began to seize, I am sorry to see pics like this and customers have problems, but if you want to run the bike like a land speed bike you need to build it like one.

Richard

the parts are parts...you are also buying service any day of the week...richard answers questions on the off hours...it is well worth it

I ordered my RCC ultra kit from Frank at powerhouse and hes been the best... a lot of e mails and phone calls to make my build go smooth and he has also been in contact with Richard of RCC.. its been a great experience.. so Go RCC..

going wide open throttle at 180mph plus for an extended time on a stage 1 stock motor is a fast ticking time bomb. high compression+boost(without direct injection)= FAIL

It is possible that a turbo motorcycle can not follow a stock, because it melts?

It is very very important to indicar the limitations of the kit in the specifications

you wanna sell turbo kit, i'll trade you some parts and you can build a nice motor, tune it and hold wide open all day long.. lmk

It is possible that a turbo motorcycle can not follow a stock, because it melts?

It is very very important to indicar the limitations of the kit in the specifications

I just read a post where Richard gave a guy a 1 year warranty on a turbo that was sold to him as new but was used and def out of warranty. To me that shows he believes in the quality of his work and stands behind it. As a small business owner that's means something to me. No need to respond I will be call rcc to order mine tomorrow...

This was me, Richard warrantied a kit that was sold to me from Jack (phony) as NEW, but was actually used. The quality of RCC kits are phenomenal/reliable, and Richard's business practices are even more impressive.

Lowering compression 9:1 and 4 psi boost.:bomb::bomb::hug::hug:

DVC02244.jpg

DVC02245.jpg

DVC02247.jpg

DVC02248.jpg

DVC02249.jpg

If you lower compression and boost its gonna have a lot less power, but still doesn't mean to run it for miles wide open.

Back