BikeMaster- Busa K8 Turbo Project-Build

Got some more work done on the bike, Thanks Richard..
0144.jpg

0154.jpg

Made a clamp for the Boost gauge
0084.jpg

0094.jpg

Got an ProSport AFR gauge with EUGO
0114.jpg

In Amber to match the gauges
0124.jpg

Its both Digital and analog
0134.jpg

Am working on the bracket to hold the AFR gauge.

Did an intial startup of the bike
startup with the rcc kit - YouTube[/url]

The Bike will be going to a fabricator who is also a turbo geek to make me a link pipe for the exhaust and install the bung hole for the AFR gauge on the exhaust.
then it comes back to me to install the Boost gauge bracket and AFR gauge and connect them.
All in all Bike should be ready next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am working on the bracket to hold the AFR gauge.

Did an intial startup of the bike
startup with the rcc kit - YouTube[/url]

The Bike will be going to a fabricator who is also a turbo geek to make me a link pipe for the exhaust and install the bung hole for the AFR gauge on the exhaust.
then it comes back to me to install the Boost gauge bracket and AFR gauge and connect them.
All in all Bike should be ready next week.

It sounds better with the dump pipes, and the bike will run better with the dump pipes. Don't hang a muffler on that unless you absolutely have to! A free turbo is a happy turbo :laugh:

It sounds better with the dump pipes, and the bike will run better with the dump pipes. Don't hang a muffler on that unless you absolutely have to! A free turbo is a happy turbo :laugh:

I know :banghead: but down here if i drive out like that, i better be driving it straight to the impound, it needs to be a little bit quieter.

Should have just ordered the full system, they are quieter than a piped NA bike and don't hurt hp very much
and very stealth

Looking real good so far

Should have just ordered the full system, they are quieter than a piped NA bike and don't hurt hp very much
and very stealth

Looking real good so far

I didnt think about that + the shipping cost for a full system would cost me over $200, anyway now im making the pipes here but will get the RCC muffler.

Today i did the Gauge set-up for the Boost Gauge (autometer) and the ProSport AFR gauge and connected it.
As the O2 Sensor was not installed (need to install the bung) i just left it in the exhaust to check that gauge works and reads. When its close to the turbo i get the 13.2 but with vibration or giving a bit of gas it moves and the readings go all over.
The Bike is now with the fabricator for the exhaust pipes till i can get the muffler.

0193.jpg

0014.jpg

setup on my K8 Busa- YouTube[/url]

I know what you mean about the freight, Canada to Aussie or vise versa is pretty expensive

When your guy makes the exhaust, he probably will use the exhaust 3 bolt flange or make another but be sure he does, as the wastegate is just about impossible to remove if its dumping back into a full exhaust and no bolt on flange somewhere

The Intial plan was to spend $5000 on this bike and get it done but with charges like shipping and sometimes customs + the bits and pieces here and there i have found that i passed the $9000 mark. I still need a few more items + i need new front and back tires coz the current ones are worn out :laugh:
So if there is something i can fabricate here that will be top notch ill do it and save on shipping, if not then order and wait..

The Intial plan was to spend $5000 on this bike and get it done but with charges like shipping and sometimes customs + the bits and pieces here and there i have found that i passed the $9000 mark. I still need a few more items + i need new front and back tires coz the current ones are worn out :laugh:
So if there is something i can fabricate here that will be top notch ill do it and save on shipping, if not then order and wait..

I feel you on that one! I built 2 turbo busas while I was in the UAE, they hit you with duty over there,so you have to pay the huge shipping and duty when it arrives,luckily I made friends with the customs folks and they started waiving most of the duty.I had the first turbo busa in the country over there,Richard with RCC is the best! You'll be glad you bought from him.Best of luck man!

Heres the first one:

l_abb728e3cb71dc251266ab8e7c443b52.jpg

The second one:
RCC08.jpg

Very Nice indeed! i love your K8! do you still have her? whats on her?
Yeah this is gonna be the 1st K8 or gen II busa on Bahrain :blush:
The good thing here is coz of the trade agreement with the USA any item coming in with Made in USA is customs free..anything else is 5% customs but the shipping..:laugh: its rape @ times.
Frank & Richard have been life savers :thumbsup: answering all my questions and helping me altho im so far away making it easier to do.

Update........
Exahust%20Muffler_zps0a31352f.jpg

Exahust%20tig01_zps1e269196.jpg

Exhaust%20fitting%20closeup_zpsc32c5f7b.jpg

Exhaust%20naked1_zps3c06830a.jpg

Exhaust%20str1_zps289bc701.jpg

Trying to tune the bike now..its driving me crazy! changing one cell on the PC3 takes it from 13.1 to 13.8 or 12.4. I will do as suggested by Richard..Get it to a Dyno and Ecu tune it.

Bike Dyno'd yesterday! The best run was 268rwhp!
What we did was we used the PC3 for off-boost (crusing etc) and ECU for On-boost. It took 5hrs on the Dyno, but i love the result.
Now to Ride it!

Back