My experience with my POS Hayabusa

So I'm glad to report that two weeks ago (Saturday September 8th), John reassembled and installed the original motor back in my bike. After spending the day at John's place in NH, I took an extremely wet and windy ride back to NYC and the bike ran great although it was a pretty miserable ride. We are talking 20-30 mph gusts and downpour rain for 4 1/2 hours. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the bike out since then so I haven't been able to really put it's cooling ability to the test in traffic, but we heat cycled it a few times and it performed fine. I don't anticipate there will be any problems considering the work that was done.

As far as the motor I bought from the guy on Craigslist, I contacted a lawyer (whom was also screwed by this guy), and he is willing the file the lawsuit for the both of us, because he plans to sue, in CT court. Apparently, this lawyer had a vintage bike that he needed fixed and he gave the scumbag $2500 and his bike and has not seen his bike since. In fact, I plan to call the lawyer today to follow up. When we removed this motor, we found that the above mentioned scumbag has cut the rear motor mount to install the motor some other type of vehicle (probably a GSXR600/1000 frame). However, when he sliced the mount they cut into the crankcase. Realizing his mistake, he took the sliced off piece and jb welded it back on...rather unsuccessfully. Then he proceeded to slice the other side of the mount (which actually would have worked if he would have done this side in the first place) to make it fit in his project. Pictures of this disaster are below.

IMAG0638.jpg

IMAG0635.jpg

IMAG0634.jpg

IMAG0600.jpg

On another positive note, I was down in Roanoke VA over the weekend and rented a 2011 HD Street Glide 103. I rode the Blue Ridge Pkwy on Saturday and Sunday. It was a great ride. The weather was really nice on Saturday and it is just switchback turn after turn. The HD was surprisingly nimble and relaxing to drive, and the stereo was LOUD. I wish I had one of those on the busa. The previous renter left his AC/DC CD in the deck which I discovered shortly after leaving the dealership. It made for a pretty good soundtrack bombing through the parkway. Pictures below of the bike and scenery. Unfortunately, I didn't ask anyone to take a picture of me on the bike.

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0643.jpg

IMAG0646.jpg

IMAG0647.jpg

IMAG0648.jpg

IMAG0649.jpg

IMAG0652.jpg

That is nine kinds of jacked up! I would have a hard time not shoving that engine straight up his ass.....

Glad to hear that you found someone reliable and trustworthy to help you out!

Wow! I read the first page and then the last. Then I went back to read the middle. It was like a novel. Hope you get your $$$ back. Motorcycles seem to bring out the scam artists, have since I got my first bike in 1966.

holy crap,just read the whole thing. I admire you for sticking it out for the bike. I bought my first Busa a few weeks ago largely because they have a reputation for brutal dependability(and for the badass factor) I can't say that I would have stuck with it as long!! Congrats on getting it right again and I hope you sue that hack-artist for enough to recoup losses on both ends. Geez, the danger he put you in alone is worth something!!

holy crap,just read the whole thing. I admire you for sticking it out for the bike. I bought my first Busa a few weeks ago largely because they have a reputation for brutal dependability(and for the badass factor) I can't say that I would have stuck with it as long!! Congrats on getting it right again and I hope you sue that hack-artist for enough to recoup losses on both ends. Geez, the danger he put you in alone is worth something!!

Thanks man. It's been a major pain in the arse. I definitely considered getting rid of it, but I really enjoy this bike when it's healthy. Hopefully, the curse has been lifted.

Back