Handlebar in the way of outer bolt on gen 1

Dr. Gonzo

Registered
I'm going back to the stock tree on my 01 from a lowering setup. I'm 99% done, but when I went to bolt down the handlebars I noticed the outer bolt doesn't allow the bar to go into the slot on either side. If I remove the bolts the inner is fine and will tighten the bar down. But I can't then put the outer bolt in since the bar is then in the way. Should there be a dent in the bar to accommodate the bolt? I'm not sure if the bars are oem so if there should be I can get a hammer and make one I'm sure. Would rather just do it right if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks!
Gonz

You are correct. They have a small cut for the outer bolt. I attached to pics off the web that show the cut out on the oem and helibars. Hope this helps!

image-1554776833.jpg

image-536901702.jpg

Yes, that is exactly what I needed to know. I thought I was missing something. Guess my bars are not original either. A minute or two on the dremel and I should be back in business. Thanks much!

G

When I put on my lowering tree I had the same issue. I was seconds from modding the bars before I noticed that those cuts were there.

Back