Why do mustangs sound so awesome?

They sound even better one this is screaming as well. I miss my baby.

1.jpg

5.0, crossover pipe, and flowmasters=:thumbsup:
I've owned 82 gt's up to an 04 gt. When they went roller motors with the h-pipe, the sound really changed. The first mod everyone did was flowmasters. That sound was so distinctive, everyone knew that sound.

when they have nothing else going for them you can atleast make them sound good,,,

Firing order! Just like a Gen1 and II Chevy V8 (1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2) sounds different from the LsX Series of engines (1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3).
Coyote 5.0 firing order is (1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2). Other varibles come into play, such as heads (2 valve/4valve), cam, exhaust, Bore, Stroke, Compression, etc.

Just like Yamaha's sound different (Before Cross Plane Engine) from Suzuki's with there inline 4's (07 R1 Firing order 1-3-4-2) (Firing order on K9 Gsxr 1k is 1243)

This^
It's engine internals and firing order.
Exhaust has little to nothing to do with it, otherwise the mufflers/exhaust from a mustang would make a camaro sound exactly the same.

I miss my LS6 383 powered Miata... 448/442 rwhp/rwtq! 6800 rpm shifts where AWESOME!:thumbsup: Like a plane in a drive sound!:cheerleader:

82307miata 002.jpg

82307miata 006.jpg

82307miata 011.jpg

82307miata 012.jpg

HPIM0897.jpg

HPIM0975.jpg

I had a 2007 V8 Mustang GT/CS. I loved the sound of that car. Did not like it so much on the highway doing 85mph after a few hours. It needed some more insulation. Drove the wife crazy driving long distances. She likes the 2011 Dodge Challenger r/t better.

It's all in the firing order. Mustangs have had a distinct sound since the foxbody 5.0 days. Different firing order is why the 80's 5.0 Mustang (1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8) sounded different that the 80's 5.0 F-150 (1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8).

Its the 5.0 in the foxbodies that get my attention but the 4 valve cobras, machs, marauders sound soo mean when you get the cats off them and put any nice flowing exhaust on them. Whether its a prochamber, x pipe, h pipe, magnaflow magnapacks, borla stingers, mac cat back or any of the like. I am looking for another one right now and really want an 03-04 Saleen and with that one it will be a O/R prochamber with mac catback......with a kenne bell stuck on top of it should scream nicely! Thats really my dream car

I scrolled past this picture three or four times while looking at this thread, then I finally slowed down and realized that's an LS motor stuffed in a Miata..That's AWESOME :thumbsup: Bet that was a heck of a project getting it in there. How big af a traction problem did it have?

Sorry, This was meant for EarlyBird, I meant to hit the "Reply with Quote" tab.

Cool so how I know. I was thinking about what motor to put in my Lincoln LS. Was heavy leaning towards an LS1 or 383 but the sound of the Mustang I like a lot more.

They sound even better one this is screaming as well. I miss my baby.
Let me see if I can find one of my favorite U Tube vids, talking about screaming Kenne Bell Style :laugh:

Couldn't find it. The guy lights up the tires in third gear and the passenger says that thing screams. Maybe later. Sry

My Stang with a 475 cid big block and choppy cam with headers ,3" pipes and warlock mufflers sounds great. People say they love the blower sound as the car is comming at them and then the rumble as it goes by.

876894.jpg

z- So ya want to race.jpg

HTML:
I miss my LS6 383 powered Miata... 448/442 rwhp/rwtq! 6800 rpm shifts where AWESOME! Like a plane in a drive sound

Bird thats one very cool car! I would love that!!!!!!

I scrolled past this picture three or four times while looking at this thread, then I finally slowed down and realized that's an LS motor stuffed in a Miata..That's AWESOME :thumbsup: Bet that was a heck of a project getting it in there. How big af a traction problem did it have?

Sorry, This was meant for EarlyBird, I meant to hit the "Reply with Quote" tab.

Gallery has my build picture. Thank you for finally realizing what it was!:poke::whistle: Believe it or not traction wasnt as bad as most would think! At 2680lbs. With me in it, full of fuel, and toolbox in the trunk. 177mph plus was seen many times!
Me in the ls6 383 miata playing with a 590rwhp 300zxtt! Speeds in the ###mph!
http://www.streetfire.net/video/91-tt-v ... 173951.htm

Video inside my miata with me driving... Passenger filming! Passenger goes aaahhhhggg when I nailed the brakes! I catch the 300zxTT not boost braking, he had to wait for his big turbo's to spool up while I have 442rwtq on tap!
http://www.streetfire.net/video/91-tt-v ... 174150.htm

One of the roll on's from 35/40 mph.... I am in the far lane... then blown 03 Mustang Cobra... video in 300zxTT
http://www.streetfire.net/video/91-tt-v ... 173950.htm

This on was on of our better runs. I got the 300ZxTT covered til 155 mph.... he goes around me at 160 mph. I am doing 177mph while he his doing close to 180mph. 26lbs of boost and big turbo's with race fuel helping the 300zxTT. If I still had the car, a hard top would of been bought and 125hp hit of spray was next! The ls6 383 was built for it! It made 448rwhp/442rwtq.... Man I miss that thing!
http://www.streetfire.net/video/91-tt-v ... 173949.htm

Here is the link to my build back in the day! Ls6 383 miata 6 speed

The guy who posted the videos removed them! I am sorry.... Ill try to find them and see if I can upload them. My link to my build still works. Gallery click pictures to open up the gallery.

Question, why does everyone build AWESOME cars and then sell them? Is it because they spend too much building them to keep them? I would never have gotten rid of the Miata for example. I know a lot of guys on this board who have built cars that are awesome for a lifetime and then sell them, many times with regret. What gives?

Back