Bike stands?

dubbedmarquis98

Registered
hey fellow riders, im thinking of getting some stands for the bike and was wondering what style is better. im getting the spool type for the rear but unsure about the front. which is better? Tapered struts that fit in the bottom of the forks? or arms that lift under the bottom and back side of your front fork tubes? any info?

I have Pitbulls front and rear. The front lifts from the forks but you can buy an additional piece to lift from the stem. They're pricey but very nice and made in the USA.

I think any of them will be fine. I have the Suzuki ones. Spool type for the rear and the pins in the front. Just take your time lifting and make sure its level

T-rex here, they can do both spool or pad on the rear and they have the pads on the front, work great.

T-Rex here too. Spools for the rear and I have the triple tree adaptor for the front too. You need the adaptor if you want to remove the forks for servicing.

Stem lift for the front, I just did the seals on my forks, would have been unable with a fork style lift.

This works for me, but yeh, can't do fork seals...

TrackieLHS.jpg

pitbulls for me, the convertable front stand and forward handle rearstand, the forward handle is awesome for 2 reasons, Its easy to get the bike on the stand by yourself and it takes up less floor space when packing the bike in the garage for the winter.

they may be a bit more expensive but worth every penny, oh and quality made in the usa stuff.:thumbsup:

front stand.jpg

rear stand.jpg

I like how everyone is all about "made in the USA" for the little stands that support their JAPANESE motorcycles. :)

Cycle gear Trackside stands here. The front is a bottom of the fork style. The rear fits both spools or the swingarm. They are often on sale for $40 each. Hard to beat that.

I'm getting this Baxley

I'm getting this Baxley Sport Stand for the front and I have a spool lifter for the rear. I tried to put it up by myself and dropped it in the garage. Fortunately I only made some minor scratches, could have been much worse. This will hold it upright while I put the other stand in fi I need it.

Baxley Trailer Sport Chock

Buy USA new whenever I can. I don't think buying used motorcycles will have a big benefit to American manufacturing.
Besides have you seen Harley's new sportbike? :puke: oh wait neither have I.

Pitbull here. The only stands I have ever bought. Bought the standard size, later 240mm set... 2 sets,now I have the 330mm stand. The guys at pitbull are great and very helpful. Made in the USA :thumbsup:

I have some nice used spare stands on craigslist locally.. I'll give you a deal on front under triple tree head lift stand and spooled rear( two styles).. I could shrink wrap them and label them to ship..I only have 3 left had 10 to start with.. Just lmk I'll help you best I can.. I also have some extra pins of different sizes for front..

IMAG1616.jpg

IMAG1617.jpg

IMAG1621.jpg

I've had cheap ones (Handy Industries) and also GPI (I think that was the name) and I keep going back to pitbulls.. They just plain work. Nice and sturdy, and they actually have a re-sale value. :laugh:

I agree pitbull are the best. I have pitbull front and rear on my other three bikes. I bought my new trackbike and it has no kickstand. In a pinch and not wanting to drop another $400 on stands I ordered the others.

Back