My experience with my POS Hayabusa

Well the problem with the original motor has been found.

Both the cylinder as well as the cylinder head are warped. My guess at this point who ever replace the first cylinder head, never checked the the cylinder block to be true!

And in time that caused the second head to warp.

Both the cylinder as well as the cylinder head are both been machined.

Here are the pics of the tear down,

DCP_1582 (Small).JPG

DCP_1583 (Small).JPG

DCP_1584 (Small).JPG

DCP_1585 (Small).JPG

DCP_1586 (Small).JPG

DCP_1587 (Small).JPG

DCP_1588 (Small).JPG

DCP_1589 (Small).JPG

Well the problem with the original motor has been found.

Both the cylinder as well as the cylinder head are warped. My guess at this point who ever replace the first cylinder head, never checked the the cylinder block to be true!

And in time that caused the second head to warp.

Both the cylinder as well as the cylinder head are both been machined.

Here are the pics of the tear down,

Yay! That's my motor...she's in good hands. Thanks John!

I am hoping to get the oil leak on the new motor figured out this weekend. I'll post back with the findings as to what is causing the leak.

All ready got the cylinder head and the cylinder back from the Machine shop!

Ill post pics later!

Ok so I have talked to Phil today, and man does he have a story about the hole deal!

But here is where im at, the cylinder, and the cylinder head are back from the machine shop.

Both the cylinder as well as the cylinder head needed to be re-surfaced!

As well as both have been hot tanked for clean up.

I have started doing a clean up on the valves, and then i will lap the valves before assembly!

DCP_1593 (Small).JPG

DCP_1599 (Small).JPG

DCP_1594 (Small).JPG

DCP_1595 (Small).JPG

DCP_1601 (Small).JPG

DCP_1602 (Small).JPG

Intake valves all cleaned waiting to be lapped, to the head!

DCP_1603 (Small).JPG

DCP_1604 (Small).JPG

Now i will lap the valves in the am, but i did find a problem,, the first mechanic that worked on this bike was a hack!

The inspection plug on the starter cover, as damaged, and mickey moused, with JB weld!

Here are the pics!

The 10mm allen just wiggles in the hole! I was barely able to get it out! Flame wrench works great! LOL

DCP_1606 (Small).JPG

DCP_1607 (Small).JPG

DCP_1608 (Small).JPG

Now here is a brand new one, i keep one in stock,,

DCP_1609 (Small).JPG

DCP_1610 (Small).JPG

DCP_1611 (Small).JPG

DCP_1612 (Small).JPG

Ok so I have talked to Phil today, and man does he have a story about the hole deal!

But here is where im at, the cylinder, and the cylinder head are back from the machine shop.

Both the cylinder as well as the cylinder head needed to be re-surfaced!

As well as both have been hot tanked for clean up.

I have started doing a clean up on the valves, and then i will lap the valves before assembly!

First off, Thanks John for actually caring and taking pride in your work. It is greatly appreciated. The guys were super hacks that worked on the bike before. It doesn't surprise me that they mangled the inspection cover. Fittingly and fortunately for everyone else, they went out of business last year after 20+ years.

I'll explain the story that John is referring too above. To be brief, the motor that is in the bike that I bought from the mc shop owner/shop manager in CT is f'd up. The upper rear mounting point is cracked and the guy "repaired" it with some type of super glue/silicon/epoxy. He couldn't even tighten that mounting bolt when installing in my bike otherwise it would crack the repaired piece off. The spacer in between the mounting point and frame is just spinning freely by hand...completely loose and cannot be tightened. Plus, it has been leaking oil from that crack since I got the bike back from him. Obviously, one could see the potential risk that he put me at with screwing me on the sale plus causing an unsafe condition with giving me a bike back that has a loose motor! AND oil leak! This motor needs to come out and be either parted out or professionally welded. I'm not going to say much else about this because I am going to pursue legal action against this guy personally and his shop to recover at least the money that I paid him ($1600).

It sucks that you had to go through all this stuff, but crap like this is the biggest reason ALOT of motorcycle owners do their own work. For every good guy out there, there are twice as many trying to scam you.

It sucks that you had to go through all this stuff, but crap like this is the biggest reason ALOT of motorcycle owners do their own work. For every good guy out there, there are twice as many trying to scam you.

yeah i hear you. i do basic maintenance myself...oil/filter changes, brake pads, rotors, plugs, stuff that unbolts easily. but i definitely do not feel comfortable or anywhere near qualified to open up a motor. i wish i was believe me.

Well the motor is all done, and going in the bike in the am!

Phil is here in NH for me to swap the motors!

Hey look a two tone motor!

Clean top end, and as for the bottom end,, not my job!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back