What do you guys think of this 08? Is it a good buy?

merczab

Registered
It's a salvaged title, so that's the only sketchy part.

What do you guys think though?

2008 Hayabusa that has been rebuilt on a straight frame in 2010. Needless to say these are crazy fast bikes with a low & high torque switch for rainy days. I had the bike for two years local rides in SoCal, had my enjoyment. The transmission was rebuilt with new gears, carbon fiber clutch plates (have original parts) placed in with less than 50 miles on the rebuilt since then. The bike has not been ridden much since the rebuilt reason for low miles (6800 Miles) with synthetic oil and engine runs perfect . I have little interest and want to move on. Sold my helmet anyways! So it’s time to sell it to someone who can enjoy it again. The obvious the bike has been chromed with rims, riders’ foot pedals, tank cap (the orig. keyed will go with the bike as well), stater cover, and brake reservoirs covers. Yoshimura R22 Exhaust, shorty clutch brake levers. Less obvious is I had It has a new K&N Filter. Spark plugs where replaced with tires which have less than 100 miles on them and new battery. Solo Seat Cowling and HID Headlight. I also have the bike stand !
The bike has light scratches and a California rebuilt title. This bike is ready to go. I have the title for the right buyer.By the way, I have the receipts and will provide to the winner to show the repairs made to the bike.

Q: Was this bike was total before Why is it salvage. Pleae respond or call me are r There any leaks . I'm looking to buy the bike but like to know more details before I bid. And what's your buy now price? Larry.
A: Yes - The bike was salvage but was rebuilt and register in CA after. If you even drop a bike and break fairing or pegs the insurance co. will total in most cases. The bike ride fine with no leaks. I had it over two year now with little riding on my part. Crazy as it seems - I actually had a 07 GSXR 1000 for commuting to work it was rebuilt as well. Some riders shy away but these bike but they ride straight. Great bike for less money thats how I see it!!
:
A:
Q: Hi i wanted to see if you can send me more pictures (close-up) on the paint if its scratched and previous accident condition. You also mentioned about the gear shifters, how were they damaged if the bike has low miles? Thank you.
A: Hello, Yes - I can send you more pictures. When I got the bike it did not have any fairings. I purchased them on ebay one by one. The shifter was broken off which resulted in some minor shifting concerns. I was going to keep the bike for a while reason for gear replacement and carbon fiber clutch platees replacement which the orignals will go with the bike proof of the replacement! By the way the carbon fiber - was not cheap! twice as much as the basic clutch plates! But will last a long while. Thanks

$(KGrHqN,!osF!K8cQjHBBQFLzEO7UQ~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16FHJIkE9qU3iL+jBQFLbrb3hw~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcS)1BQFDThwJ,g~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16NHJGQE9noMZH!FBQFDTwIkf!~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16VHJH8E9qSEWJoKBQFLJFSnk!~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16ZHJHoE9n3Kft0kBQFDTnB6j!~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16ZHJIIE9qTYLSWWBQFLJLwPyw~~60_12.jpg

Cannot find where the PRICE is listed so cannot give you an opinion if a good buy or not. Have you already checked with your DMV if you can register/insure a CA bike with a salvage title? P.S. What is the reason the bike was totalled: theft recovery, crashed, flooded, etc.?

I'm planning to get it for $5460.
I didn't realize you had to ask! I'll get right on that though.
Thanks.

And he says in his Q&A when someone asks him why that in CA when you so much as drop your bike they usually just write it off as totalled or whatever.

Not sure how valid that answer is.

I'm planning to ride it from another state so I'm hoping that it works...

There's a lot of questions in my mind about it. 08 rebuilt on a diff yr frame? I know it's same but still. One by one piece back together? Price is good but maybe too good to be good.

IAnd he says in his Q&A when someone asks him why that in CA when you so much as drop your bike they usually just write it off as totalled or whatever. Not sure how valid that answer is.

Insist that seller tell you exactly HOW this particular bike he is selling got a salvage title to. His Q&A is deliberately "evasive" about the circumstances surrounding the salvage title. Do not rush into this deal.

If it was rebuilt with a 2010 framme, it should be a 2010 then, the frame holds the vin#

Yes most insurance companies will total a streetbike even if it has minor cosmetic damage from like a parking lot dump. Have you seen the cost of OEM replacement fairings and parts? Your talking alot of money :whistle: Nose fairing, side fairing, tank, handle bars, lever, rear set, clutch or stator cover, and if you dumped it pipe side thats even more, on top of the tail fairing section and passenger peg. You could find all these parts on Ebay or here on the forum and replace them fairly cheap but insurance companies wont do that. They will get the exact prices on all those parts OEM and then you factor in labor and your 15mph crash became worth thousands. So he is right in that regard however that being said I would not purchase an R titled bike if you didnt have the full story on how and why. The frame swap also worries me, alot of shadyness out there, could be a legit frame rebuilt with a stolen engine and parts. :whistle:

His typing sounds as if he doesn't know much of anything about the bike ... He seems to also not know english wording well read some of his statements out loud.. I think someone trying to get over on you..

Red Flag went up while reading Q&A . I would also quiz him about the tranny needing to be rebuilt

"2008 Hayabusa that has been rebuilt on a straight frame in 2010". Doesn't say the frame is a 2010, just rebuilt on a straight frame in 2010. I see a couple of red flags here.....1)purchased without fairings; 2)transmission rebuilt with < 7K miles. Makes me suspect this bike was ridden hard and put away wet.....a beater.

*DISCLAIMER* Just my honest opinion and gut feeling. I'm no expert by any means and do not claim to be one!!

Ah. You guys are making me sketch the **** out.

And when I asked him why exactly it was salvaged, he said, "not sure how."

I responded with, "You bought a bike that you had to rebuild and don't even know why it was destroyed it in the first place?"

No response.

So... you guys officially scared me into not buying it. hahaha.

It was on Ebay though. Does that help? Maybe I have some warranties?

Even if I test ride it and do all the "tests" it's too risky?

I'm not sure of the registration rules re: salvage titles where you live but you should look into that. If you test ride it and like, it is up to your best judgement. It may be a great bike. I suppose you will know when you check it out!

Just don't send any monies to *****ia for shipping! :laugh:

**EDIT** I tried to type the African country known for scams.....haha! :laugh:

Hahaha the censor for this site is so weird. You can't write the word, "S. uck" either. hhahaa

I'm planning to get a bike that's an 08 with 700 miles for 7200 that's in the same area so I'll check out this one on the way, I guess. haha

buy this white 09 with lots of toys already in it......it would be exactly the USED bike I would buy if I were looking.

IMG_0991.jpg

Yeah, I was already talking to that guy.

I'm lookin at two different 08's now.

One has 2k miles on it, is bone stock except for a yoshi exhaust.
Looks mint condition.
Is 7000
But I was planning to vinyl wrap it...

The second one has 700 miles on it. And everything is bone stock also.
But from the picture it looks like it's missing its side fairings, which I wouldn't mind replacing.
This one is 7100.

I was wondering if the difference in mileage and fairings should be a deciding factor.
Which would you guys choose?

5G25H55J63Ec3Ka3G5c8ece6a8bad71441594.jpg

5G45K25M53E73N23lec8idb0cd764608916f8.jpg

5L75Z35F73G53Ic3L8c8ic303132fc7cb14d8.jpg

5T45Ec5Me3F63L63I8c8i9bd4c34d0b521bc4.jpg

5L25N95Je3G83Kd3J2c8i5673b24121511604.jpg

Back