My trip back to Arizona

lil charlie

Registered
My wife and kids went for a 3 week vacation back to Arizona to see family and friends before they had to start school again. I flew back for a few days and drove them 1100 miles home yesterday. My 2yo son was in the hospital for a few days.... Well two hospitals and a follow up with his old doctor. He's better, didn't need surgery, and is home now but the bills from the insurance company are going to suck for being "out of network". Here are a few random pics from my trip.... Very random, lol.

image-3012390750.jpg

A few pics of the plane ride out.

image-3149629454.jpg

Pic of the mountains in south eastern az

image-1679138629.jpg

A stop at the park after getting out of the hospital

image-4209485099.jpg

Pushing daddy on the merry go round

image-1565742674.jpg

A few shots from that lightning app that Cap suggested. The storm was far away but the app works.

image-2249383223.jpg

Noah trying to play his brothers video games

image-1140302947.jpg

Breakfast with James... Fast08busa and mr. Felt ( how I met for the 1st time). Thanks for coming out guys!

image-3261283719.jpg

Here they both are.

image-1373649173.jpg

Me visiting my buddy John who crashed his Harley into a tree at 50mph while 2.5 times the legal limit with no helmet. He now lives in a state run hospital with massive brain damage. It's been two years now and I haven't seen him for one year but he knew right who I was and let out a big smile and mumbled my name, which was nice to hear.

image-564902273.jpg

Kicking in sexy like.

image-4256534099.jpg

Someone's not happy after being in a cars seat for 16.5 hours. This was 10 mins from home.

image-3149629454.jpg

image-1617995280.jpg

image-3012390750.jpg

image-3149629454.jpg

image-1679138629.jpg

image-4209485099.jpg

image-1565742674.jpg

image-3238609107.jpg

image-2650045744.jpg

image-2510960415.jpg

image-2249383223.jpg

image-1140302947.jpg

image-3261283719.jpg

image-1373649173.jpg

image-564902273.jpg

image-4256534099.jpg

For some reason the pics I didnt label got shoved to the bottom. It was nice to see my friends and family again but Im happy to be home in TX. Thanks to Fast08busa....James, for coming down to Tucson to have breakfast with me. He brought Mr. Felt with him, whom I hadn't met yet so that was cool!

The best part is I got back to work this morning to find out that one of the jobs I had been working before I left turn into a contract, a 2 building project for 4.5 mil. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you're back home safe and that your son is doing well! Sad to hear about your friend John :down: I'm sure he was so thrilled to see you :bowdown:

I'm glad you're back home safe and that your son is doing well! Sad to hear about your friend John :down: I'm sure he was so thrilled to see you :bowdown:

He was very thrilled. He got a big grin and said my name, then stuck his good hand out so I could shake it and said it was good to see me. He could answer basic stuff like if he like the people there or did any PT..... and just when you thought he was getting better and maybe there was some light at the end of the tunnel he tells you how he went to the store that morning or wasout getting beers the night before. He's in his own little world and we will never know if he really knows wheres he's even at. Maybe he knows full well where he's at and then his mind will wonder off? He cant move his left side at all, sort of like a massive stroke vistom. I try to see john whenever I can. His father moved to Tucson when he got hurt (his dad is 89 years old) and I helped him with all of the stuff that needed to be done (from getting the bie ins suqared away to having an estate sale once we knew he was never coming home) so now his dad Jake and I are buddies. I had never met the man up intil the day he came to see John in the hospital, now we email all the time. It's hard to feel sorry for John, he did this to himself! I get pissed every time I see him I want to kick him out of his wheel chair, so does his dad. He was always riding with no helmet...I even bought him one when he got that bike because I knew he wouldn't buy it himself. He went to a biker bar to hook up with some chick he met online, got hammered and tried to ride home and found a tree instead. I put his pic up just as a ATGATT reminder for people in my thread!

He was very thrilled. He got a big grin and said my name, then stuck his good hand out so I could shake it and said it was good to see me. He could answer basic stuff like if he like the people there or did any PT..... and just when you thought he was getting better and maybe there was some light at the end of the tunnel he tells you how he went to the store that morning or wasout getting beers the night before. He's in his own little world and we will never know if he really knows wheres he's even at. Maybe he knows full well where he's at and then his mind will wonder off? He cant move his left side at all, sort of like a massive stroke vistom. I try to see john whenever I can. His father moved to Tucson when he got hurt (his dad is 89 years old) and I helped him with all of the stuff that needed to be done (from getting the bie ins suqared away to having an estate sale once we knew he was never coming home) so now his dad Jake and I are buddies. I had never met the man up intil the day he came to see John in the hospital, now we email all the time. It's hard to feel sorry for John, he did this to himself! I get pissed every time I see him I want to kick him out of his wheel chair, so does his dad. He was always riding with no helmet...I even bought him one when he got that bike because I knew he wouldn't buy it himself. He went to a biker bar to hook up with some chick he met online, got hammered and tried to ride home and found a tree instead. I put his pic up just as a ATGATT reminder for people in my thread!

It's hard to know it may have been avoided, but I have friends that opt to ride without a lid, or here in VA where you have to, many skirt the law by wearing skid lids that won't do a single thing to help...it is sad, and I can see having some anger toward him, but in the end he made a choice that so many do, and it's just sad that he paid such a heavy price for that choice. I hope whatever state of mind he lives in, he's happy and doesn't truly realize all he's lost :(

Back