First track day complete

donkason

Registered
I ran at Mid-Ohio school yesterday. I must say it was the most fun and intense experience of my life. No cops, no gravel, no animals, no excuses. It really allows a rider to focus and sharpen skills and not worry about the environment.

There were 4-5 riders per coach and we ran 20 minute heats working on technique and drills. There were 5 levels/groups in the novice class so you got to run with a pack at the right pace.

The coaches were amazing at track and pack management. If somebody was slow or fast they would swoop out and run then to the right pack and direct traffic. It makes you realize how much you have to learn when a coach is looking backwards watching you and it's all you can do you keep up with him/her:(

My major take aways

1. If you look at it you will drive to it. I had a panic situation and I glanced at the outer edge of a corner then turned my head inside and picked my spot and the bike ran on a rail.

2. Trust your bike as it is faster than you are. I got to build confidence and learn my machine progressively to the point I could have been dragging knees if I popped it out.

3. Once your in a corner you are committed. If you throttle chop you will be in way more trouble than holding the throttle steady and staring down your line.

I got to test all these out as well as the mechanics of riding. The street will never be the same after this and I'm going back for more. I got a lot of nods and respect for showing up with the Busa too. There is nothing like setting up a pass before the back straight and lighting up the throttle with the nose carrying 6 inches off the ground through 3rd gear.......then getting passed by the instructors son on a ninja 250 in the keyhole!

I got to use all of my tire finally! So if anybody was on the fence about a track day go do it!

uploadfromtaptalk1337004286843.jpg

I heard a rumour that Hayabusas don't go around a track too well... :whistle:

Good on ya!
:thumbsup:

hopefully I'll get around to doing my first track day sometimes this season, def. can use some key points and help in proper riding and gliding :whistle:

Anybody around ohio Motoseries has track day for 125 and open track on Friday nights for $75 @ Nelson ledges. If you can ride at Nelson's, you
Can ride anywhere!

wow that sounds like fun, we have them here in Topeka every now and then, I'm gonna have to try it out someday!

We have several orgsters who do tack days at Heartland Park. My store has tickets available for all track days at HPT for $125. Shawnee Cycle Plaza 913-631-1111.

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

Back