Cowl mod. finally finish

NICE JOB BRO:thumbsup:

But a "couple hrs":poke: its like a 15min mod:rofl:

I did to my gen1, I like the gen2 without it. its all about personal preference,no one is right or wrong here

DEVLDOG, I did the same mode in my 2002 and is not the same thing, here is totally different. More cut and changes. Change some bolts to fit perfect.

Last edited:
IMHO you're totally wrong. It looks good, plus as many mentioned, it helps a LOT when you're putting your bike on a rear stand. Plus when you do put on the seat, you dont have to screw around with the bolts, just pop out and pop the seat in.

Naw, looks Turbo Beatlish...I've been putting my GSXR1k and Busa on a rear stand sans any bar, with minimal issue. I do admit, it can be a little nerve-racking getting the hang of it with this heavier (busa) and that damn mud flap...but I'll survive.

Now, I'll probably drop the damned thing after posting this!:rofl:

AJ

Be careful you don't crack the taillight. Putting it up on the stand. Do a search for grab bar mod. The Gen II does reqire a little more grinding around the mount bolts and holes.
I did the hump storage mod from some guy/place out of New York. You can find everything you need in a hardware store. If you do a search for the Hump storage mod it should list what you need. :beerchug:

I just remove the hump and use both hands on the bar where the hump latches into and have the rear stand right behind me, balance her by holding that latch/crossbar under the hump with my left hand then and put her on the stand. Could help I am 6'4" and about 225, :laugh:

I never even tried with the hump installed by myself. Could be trouble.

After doing this mod yo should to the hump storage mod. Schnitz racing has a pretty trick kit for this made out of aluminum. It is about 80 bucks, but it looks really good and works pretty damn good.

IMHO you're totally wrong. It looks good, plus as many mentioned, it helps a LOT when you're putting your bike on a rear stand. Plus when you do put on the seat, you dont have to screw around with the bolts, just pop out and pop the seat in.

You are spot on. I did the mod myself. I think it looks much better with the grab bar on. Plus it saves me time, when switching from seat to cowl. And I also use it to put the bike on the rear stand.

To each his own, but the mod suits me & the look of my bike, just fine.

Looks good man. Great Job. :thumbsup:

I just use the passenger rear foot peg to stedy the bike to put it on the rear stand??? Worked very easy when i had my gen1 and now for my gen2 also

What a difference between the gen 1 and gen 2, my gen 1 was cake, just trim for clearance and pop on, gen 2....wow, frame inside cowl had to be cut up, used flat head stainless bolts for all 6 bolts (4 on grab bar, 2 on back of cowl) and still needed to space out the latch with washers to get it to latch. for the fella that can do it in 15 min......:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I couldn't agree more. I'm a guy that never uses the grab bar or rear seat.

Not to be a d*ck, but I don't get this mod. It literaly takes just a minute to switch from the hump to the seat with the bar. Whenever I see this done it makes me think of a VW Bug.:laugh:

19812d1155585006-spoiler-picture-201.jpg

I'm wanting to do this also just because I think it'll be easier when trying to put it on the rear stand when it's on. Nice Job!...It does look like that bug though, that was a good one. I'm still laughing!:lol:

I did the same mod, and now my busa looks like a Volkswagen :) I did it for 2 reasons:

1. much easier safer to put on rear stand and pushing around shop

2. even more important: with the bar, the hump works great for hauling my jacket, book bag, groceries etc. Good strapping point.

And I've done this mod on both Gen 1 and 2, much more difficult and time consuming on Gen 2 to do it right.

And I kind of like the looks of it.

busa2.jpg

Back