Yana Shiki R Series Wind Screen

Is anyone here running a Yana Shiki R Series Windscreen here yet?
I ordered one Wed in the clear color.
I am hoping this solves my 160+ MPH helmet oscillation I am experiencing with my HJC RPS10:banghead:

Those that are running them...

1) How was the fit on the GENII?
2) How are the aerodynamics at high speeds?
3) How tall are you?
4) Does it interfere with viewing the gauges and when?

YS_R_Series_%20windscreen_3.jpg

everything else on my bike is blacked out so I went with the dark smoke. what helmet are you using? these screens tend to crack easily going on so be extra careful installing.

I got one in for my GEN 1 about three weeks ago and was not impressed with the fit!! It would not go on easily ands Duts87ss and I had to take about an hour to finally get it to screw in! I ordered it in Dark Smoke and am 6'6' it helps allot with the wind cause it was hitting me smack in the chest and throwing me everywhere! Fortunately I ordered from a reputable great dealer (Pashnit) and he had another sent over to me so hopefully this one fits better and I can give you an accurate account!! Thinking this one on it now HAS to be a Gen 2 or just from a bad batch!

I got one in for my GEN 1 about three weeks ago and was not impressed with the fit!! It would not go on easily ands Duts87ss and I had to take about an hour to finally get it to screw in! I ordered it in Dark Smoke and am 6'6' it helps allot with the wind cause it was hitting me smack in the chest and throwing me everywhere! Fortunately I ordered from a reputable great dealer (Pashnit) and he had another sent over to me so hopefully this one fits better and I can give you an accurate account!! Thinking this one on it now HAS to be a Gen 2 or just from a bad batch!
from what ive heard they all fit like chit and ull probably have to take a Dremel to get it to fit correctly. the design seems great but the fit, finish and quality not so much:whistle:

Yeah I am worried if this one will fit but I guess we will see!! Duts' screen caused the double bubble, ocused sun laser beam burn on his dash like the DB's used to on the Buell's so I dont know what I will try next!!

everything else on my bike is blacked out so I went with the dark smoke. what helmet are you using? these screens tend to crack easily going on so be extra careful installing.

I am hoping this solves my 160+ MPH helmet oscillation I am experiencing with my HJC RPS10
I am 6'7" and its very hard to get completely behind the screen. I can get down flat on the tank but my elbows have to be positioned down below my knees which isnt the most stable.
Thanks for the tips, I didnt expect a cheap Yana Shiki China Made to be German Engineering Quality. I just need it to fit clean once modified.

OK the Yana Chinki R Series Clear Windscreen Arrived today:cheerleader:
Here is my run down on it.

Installation time: 15 minutes, remove mirrors, and 2 screws and threaded rubber fittings.
Price: Reasonable half price as the OEM.
Shipping Speed: Fast 3 Buisness Days.
Packaging: Brown Paper for cushion in box in a plastic bag wrapped in scratch resistant material.
Overall finish clarity: On a 1-10 being a new OEM is 10 in clarity I give this one a 6 due to molding process its not super high quality to look through with the fine molding scratches.
Fitment: 1-10 I give it a 7, it slid in pretty easy with little effort and 2 cuss words.
Overall seam lines to cowl: 3 But I am anal when it comes to alignment with body parts.

Total Satisfaction 8... its priced right fits decent, its a China Made product so I wasn't expecting top notch quality.

I have not tested it yet at high speeds. I will run it up in the morning to see if it fixes my helmet shake at 155+:please:

1335823707215.jpg

1335823912886.jpg

1335824686932.jpg

1335824960252.jpg

1335824702045.jpg

1335824731664.jpg

1335824977979.jpg

1335825010949.jpg

Update on the wind protection:

Just got back from a run to test the wind and how it would effect my helmet. I rolled onto .... a closed road course :whistle: and seen 2 other bikes in the distance so I caught up with em to notice... squids :banghead: work boots hanging off the pegs, t shirts blowing up there back and the first ever made full face helmet from the 70's... I am very picky who I ride close to and I didnt really want to play with 600 squids I blinkered to the right lane of the track and the dumbazz comes over also:banghead: WTF WE-TODD.
So I roll on a little to get away well here they come I am thinking really?? OK now is the time to test this screen.. roll it on... 145 smooth.....155 smooth no helmet shake :cheerleader: smooth as I am sitting in a vette so I hit 6th and say what the hell,, run it till I hear the rev limiter kick in (176) with no issues..

I bought this windscreen hoping that it would solve the wind problem I was having causing my helmet to bounce all over the place and it has! Thank you, Yana Chinki.:beerchug:

I've had 2 or 3 of the Yana Shiki R Series screens on the Busa, all of them fit perfect and slid right in. I did tape all tabs with electrician tape but that's an old trick from the old timers around here- do that to all the brands just in case there is a rattle. Takes minutes to swap out screens. One trick with the well nuts is wet them with dish soap, and much easier to get in and out. The Yana Shiki R Series are $59 screens so keep that in mind when you are comparing Puig or Zero Gravity which are twice the price. The R Series are thinner and will crack so you have to be careful not to bend them too much.

But functionally, they work great, have a very distinctive shape like no other brand so if you like the look - go for it. The first time I saw an R Series on a busa (on this forum no less), I bought one immediately, love the look.

How well they work for you personally is highly subjective, your height, body size, etc, etc, every body is different when it comes to screens- but hey, it's $59 bucks.

Buy Now: Yana Shiki Windscreens

R Series is the one I have

R Series in blue
img_5323_busa_800.jpg

100_1123.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

DSC02398.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some pics of the Smoke R Series on the Busa, the dark smoke is way more popular but that's just what I had.

Copy of DSC09292.jpg

Copy of DSC09293.jpg

DSC09296.jpg

DSC09424.jpg

Dark Smoke R Series on the Gen-II. This was the pic that made me go get one. It was so new at the time, no one knew what it was.

YS_R_Series_ windscreen_1_800.jpg

YS_R_Series_ windscreen_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back