2012 Hyperbike (Hayabusa, ZX14, S1000RR)

kameraman

Registered
2012 Hyperbike Test (Hayabusa, ZX14, S1000RR)

63471387333634784912hyp.jpg

63471385996611175912-bmw-s1000rr-100.jpg

12-suzuki-hayabusa-2.jpg

12-suzuki-hayabusa-3.jpg

Attachments

• yakıt.bmp
    167 KB · Views: 1,694
  • 400 metre.bmp
    167 KB · Views: 1,632
  • 100km.bmp
    188.1 KB · Views: 1,715
  • fren.bmp
    185.5 KB · Views: 1,717
Since when did the 1000RR fall under the category of hyperbike? it's a literbike.

This is all interesting stuff but two important charts are missing: Engine displacement and weight.

When I see a braking distance chart, I need to know the weight of the vehicles to know the relevance of those numbers.

In my opinion, it's silly to compare these three bikes. The BMW is clearly much lighter than the ZX14 and Busa and has a power:Weight advantage, and the ZX14, although similar in weight to the Busa, has an engine displacement of 60cc's more than the Busa so it's not surprising that it produces more HP. duh! :banghead:

It's all marketing hype that the magazines capitalize on to sell more magazines. How about some reality in advertizing?

Example:

Instead of: Kawazaki ZX14 is a busa killer

How about: Kawazaki now has the largest stock discplacement sport touring class motorcycle and as a result produces more horsepower than the Suzuki Hayabusa which has 60cc's less than the new Kawazaki ZX14.

I wish people would stop comparing apples to oranges. Just saying...

Since when did the 1000RR fall under the category of hyperbike? it's a literbike.

This is all interesting stuff but two important charts are missing: Engine displacement and weight.

When I see a braking distance chart, I need to know the weight of the vehicles to know the relevance of those numbers.

In my opinion, it's silly to compare these three bikes. The BMW is clearly much lighter than the ZX14 and Busa and has a power:Weight advantage, and the ZX14, although similar in weight to the Busa, has an engine displacement of 60cc's more than the Busa so it's not surprising that it produces more HP. duh! :banghead:

It's all marketing hype that the magazines capitalize on to sell more magazines. How about some reality in advertizing?

Example:

How about: Kawazaki now has the largest stock discplacement sport touring class motorcycle and as a result produces more horsepower than the Suzuki Hayabusa which has 60cc's less than the new Kawazaki ZX14.

Thank you. You explained this very well.

I'm with you on the BMW not being in this class, but as far as the CC comparison, nobody was complaining when the Busa beat out the Blackbird so many years ago...

If Suzuki doesn't like it, make a bigger motor. My $.02

We all know the new 14R is the shiznit, we just need to realize just how old the Busa is fairly unchanged.. I'm still happy with my Busa, and will be for a couple more years. :beerchug:

For me Hayabusa is nicer than all other motorcycles. Just look at the pictures carefully, you'll understand what I mean.

146_1203+2012-kawasaki-zx14r-suzuki-hayabusa-dyno-03+.jpg

146_1203+2012-kawasaki-zx14r-suzuki-hayabusa-dyno-02+.jpg

Not to mention since when does any of those bikes do 10secs in the 1/4? All three bikes have hit at least a second faster then what they posted. And mpg depends on the rider's right hand.

I'm with you on the BMW not being in this class, but as far as the CC comparison, nobody was complaining when the Busa beat out the Blackbird so many years ago...

I'm sure Blackbird owners were complaining. :laugh: But again, that's not a fair comparison, either with a difference of ~200 cc's. In my opinion, Blackbird and Busa are apples to oranges.

All I'm saying is, compare like things - Eg. GIXXER 1000 to an R1 and the 1000RR. That would be apples to apples, generally speaking...although the GIXXER doesn't have TC, etc. but the weight, engine size are close enough to be a fair comparison for HP, Torque, braking distance, 1/4 mile, etc.

Sure, you can say that you have the world's fastest production motorcycle or the quickest. And, that is because it has a bigger engine. again, duh! Of more interest would be that the 1000RR is faster than the R1, for example. Not due to engine size but due to engineering. Now that is saying something.

Oh and by the way, based on the charts in the OP, the differences are only a fraction of a second.

first get that BMW outta there its a freaking hypersport!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead: and BULL crap those 2 monsters dont pull 9sec 1/4s of the showroom floors. what a bunch of horse S@$t

Example:

I was thinking 100 / 101 cc advantage to the 14 :dunno:

You really want to see a but whooping, check out the may issue of superbike. They put the k1300s against the new 14r:rofl:

The new 14 is an awesome bike. I sat on one the other day and is very comfortable. Im pretty impressed with the k12 14. Of course I still represent for the Busa and all Suzuki's, but I wouldnt mind owning the new 14.

Good stats and thanks for the share.. Let's just face it.. We are becoming dinosaurs. Not that I'm *****ing because it's still the best all around bike ever. But Zuki does need to do some updating. Whining about displacement differences.. That's how we took the tittle. There has to be a lot of thought given though when a LITER bike can do what hyperbikes can do. Period. And no matter how you slice it, the ninja is ugly. (Although they seem to have the nicest pain, but the body is jut ugly and doesn't grow on me). Regardless of the stats, they will not nor ever take my pride away from being a busa pilot. Period. It is what it is.. Either one of them.. Let's go take a 6 hour spirited ride and see who gets off ready for a beer and how's ready to just get off. (the bike that is.:rofl:) Don't cry over it.. Hell even if you just want a show bike.. Busa.. If you want to cruise.. Busa.. If you want to go fast... All three.. If you want corners BMW... But I personally do enjoy the stats.

Hayabusa = 4 year old bike, 1341cc. ZX14R = Brand new bike, 1441cc. Lets go back to '08 when the Hayabusa got its first major change since '99... went from 1299cc to 1341cc, while it would beat the '08 zx14 then, it was more of an apples to apples comparison because the displacements were the same. If I'm not mistaken, the 99-07 Hayabusa would have won many matches against the zx14 upon entry in '06, or against its forefather the zzr1200.

Both the bikes are purely awesome, with performance far beyond any legal limits in North America. Heck, a 650 versys, v-strom, or similar has the capability to speed past any legal limits in North America that I know of.

I don't understand why they bring the S1000RR into this comparison. Like has been mentioned, its a liter bike, perhaps nearly 150-200lbs less than the other bikes. Also, I don't see too many rigid bag options for the S1kRR like you can find for the Hayabusa or ZX. Noting the seating position of the S1kRR, I don't see how it could fit into a supersport tourer category which many people create who buy a Hayabusa or ZX.

I like all bikes. Really enjoy the Hayabusa, its the most versatile for the riding I do, but if a deal comes along that I can't pass up on a new ZX, it'll come home with me.

If I had money, I would own ALL 3, but thats just not going to happen. My next one will be the S1000RR, very soon I hope. :) I will never sell my 05, just to many great rides and memories to letter go.

ok so they r all fast and but the mph of the BMW just blows away the busa. yea maybe its a liter bike by definition but its still a street bike that has the ability to put down some pretty good numbers at the track with a longer arm and some tweaking.

Back