New 40th Anniversary Busa

While it's color may be nice, I'd agree with Twisted that it's a pretty lame effort to be called a 40th anniversary *anything*...one would expect such a "special limited edition" to be a LOT more unique...

1.  Call it rare in your ad hype
2.  Use a solid color not normally used
3.  Slap a sticker on it
4.  Charge extra $$$ without spending an extra cent
5.  Laugh all the way to the bank...

What a racket...
Actually they're only $200 more up here.... that's not that bad for having a Busa that won't be exactly the same as every other one on the street.
I realize there are thousands more pumpkins out there......but chances of running into one are not extremely high.
One more thing I know since I paint bikes is that if you want a bike that's a little different form the rest........$200 is a small price to pay.
Custom paint is gonna set ya back at least 4 times that much.
For a factory colour the orange rocks!!!!!!
thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif
Your points are valid, but my MAIN point was that this was a pathetic amount of effort for it being called anything special, let alone anniversary.  This is nothing more than a "special paint" edition.  Most motor companies put a lot of extras (i.e. requiring ENGINEERING) into "special edition" releases, not just different paint and a dandy 50-cent sticker...

*THAT* was the main point.  Yes, the orange is neat, yes the black frame is neat, and both are worth the low increase of $200.  All points I agree with, but all points that miss the main one...they should be ASHAMED that this is all they did for having called it a special edition...
True Bear.......but there are one stack of alot of vehicles out there that are called SE's or LE's with basically no difference other than a badge alone.
Up here they have built what they called "Whistler edition" Tahoe's, Jimmy's, and Suburbans.
The only difference whatsoever is a small badge on the right rear that says Whistler edition....now that's pathetic.
And what about some imports that are called Le's just cuz they have a few power options.
I think we're gettin rooked by more than just Suzuki.
At least the pumpkin's paint is completely original.
BTW.........outta curiousity what vehicle's are ya talkin bout that have engineered modifications in order to make them Spec eds......and I'm not bustin yer balls here either.....just curious which ones you speak of!!!!

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Welcome to the board!

sarcasm.gif
Now, the rest of you make your own thread to banter about what is and what isn't.

well it definitely wasnt any corvettes , mustangs or camaros!!!! ALL THEY GOT WERE SOME BADGES AND SOME STRIPES. I think its a communist plot by all auto and cycle manufacturers.
pissed.gif

40th annaversary edition, uni paint and an emblem? huh? only thing to celebrate about with that bike is the fact its a busa  
confused.gif

At least the pumpkin's paint is completely original. By Monsterspeedfreak
I was really amazed when I saw the 40th Anniversary model in the States. They really didn't do anything to this bike at all and called it a 40th anniv. Its not orginal in the least. They just took a VERY popular idea they introduced overseas and used it in the states and called it an Anniversary model.

The first time I saw the "Uni-Colored" Busa was in 2001. I thought someone had painted it...and I was like WOW that mofo is CLEAN! The only colors I remember seeing was an all black and all Silver. So its far from original sad to say.

All I will add is that they really should have stepped up their game for the 40th...

The Halloween colors have got to go, should have chromed the frame, swingarm, and wheels from the factory. They should come with special Yoshi pipes just for the Busa, (and included in the new Suzuki parts catalog) and they should number them. That way when you see one your like HEY WOW lookit that...

I know I know, don't get me wrong, I am just a little torqued that the only things they did for the 02 SE and the 03 LE, is special paint, deristricted ECM, K&N Filter, and High flow Baffles in the exhaust and Oh yeah blacked out frame...
wink.gif

They really should have done more...

Back