New 40th Anniversary Busa

40thhayabusa

Registered
Just picked up my new 40th Anniversary Busa Friday man I love this thing ! Installed RS3 slip ons right away. Sold my 2003 100th HD Fatboy to switch to the Busa 1/2 the money and its all show and go ! This thing is so smoooooth ! Loved the HD but the grin factor is so much higher on the Busa.

1. Welcome
2. Enjoy (safely)
3. Glad to meet more and more folk who are bucking the late-90's yuppie obsession with far-overpriced Harleys. They're nice bikes, but the big yuppie/DINK migration to them in the 90's let to a way over-inflated-value culture. To me, it really turned into a "look at me, I blew more money than I should have just to feel cool" thing, and I have little stomach for posers of that degree... Again, I've ridden them, borrowed them, rented them, had fun, but think that their whole scene is something that can't last and will implode like the NASDAQ in 2000
tounge.gif

.... yeah, what Bear gone bad said.. plus.. i'm jealous.. I was drooling on one of the 40th's the other day and mentioned to the wife that maybe I should trade up.. "just to have the newest, and safest model..." ... her response... yeah it's pretty... but you just put new tires on yours... you should atleast wait till there worn out..

.. i think thats a stalling technique.. haha laughs on her though.. she doesn't know the rear only lasts about 2500-3000 miles at most.. haha.

seriously.. they cool.

thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif
blues.gif
Yeah! Now dats what I'm talkin about! I think you should ride it out to Laguna seca & hook up with us.

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

While it's color may be nice, I'd agree with Twisted that it's a pretty lame effort to be called a 40th anniversary *anything*...one would expect such a "special limited edition" to be a LOT more unique...

1. Call it rare in your ad hype
2. Use a solid color not normally used
3. Slap a sticker on it
4. Charge extra $$$ without spending an extra cent
5. Laugh all the way to the bank...

What a racket...

While it's color may be nice, I'd agree with Twisted that it's a pretty lame effort to be called a 40th anniversary *anything*...one would expect such a "special limited edition" to be a LOT more unique...

1.  Call it rare in your ad hype
2.  Use a solid color not normally used
3.  Slap a sticker on it
4.  Charge extra $$$ without spending an extra cent
5.  Laugh all the way to the bank...

What a racket...
Actually they're only $200 more up here.... that's not that bad for having a Busa that won't be exactly the same as every other one on the street.
I realize there are thousands more pumpkins out there......but chances of running into one are not extremely high.
One more thing I know since I paint bikes is that if you want a bike that's a little different form the rest........$200 is a small price to pay.
Custom paint is gonna set ya back at least 4 times that much.
For a factory colour the orange rocks!!!!!!
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Welcome to the board!

The thing I like best about the 40th is the blacked out frame. To me that is worth the extra $200 so I wouldn't have to take everything off my bike to get that done.

Yep....the black frame is cool..... you could also get it on the 02 le but then you'd get black paint too.
Orange paint/Black frame..... very nice.

(Adding quoted text from an adjacent entry is a waste of page space, hehehe) [/QUOTE]
Your points are valid, but my MAIN point was that this was a pathetic amount of effort for it being called anything special, let alone anniversary.  This is nothing more than a "special paint" edition.  Most motor companies put a lot of extras (i.e. requiring ENGINEERING) into "special edition" releases, not just different paint and a dandy 50-cent sticker...

*THAT* was the main point.  Yes, the orange is neat, yes the black frame is neat, and both are worth the low increase of $200.  All points I agree with, but all points that miss the main one...they should be ASHAMED that this is all they did for having called it a special edition...

At ***LEAST*** make it a race replica like Honda did with the Joe Camel replicas a few years back.  (Yes, I know, nobody races busas, don't side-track).  Now THOSE were actually unique, special, had one-of-a-kind paint *AND* a few engineering changes for those wannabes that wanted to pretend that they really owned a factory race bike...well worth the added hype, rarity and $$$ increase.  Make the Busa 40th a no-limit, lowered beast that comes STOCK with a Yosh R3, K&N air and all factory retuned or something... Now THERE'S something special that warrants at least the 50-cent sticker
tounge.gif

welcome tothe board. I likemost bikes but the busa gives me the most joy. Grasshopper you have see the heavenly glory

Back